What's been going on....

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hey Everyone!!!

Wow, have I been a slacker or what?? Sorry for the lack of posts lately. It has been so nice outside that I have been on the computer much lately. That combined with doctor appointments and dentist appointments has made life kinda crazy for us.
Hannah had a Cardiology appointment shortly after we returned to Calgary. All in all, her heart is doing well. Her doctor would like her to gain more weight before we talk surgery, so it looks like we're back to having her Fontan done closer to her third birthday. Craig and I still aren't convinced that Hannah's lack of weight gain isn't related to her increased activity level, but what do we know?? (No, I am not bitter...heehee!!)
On the developmental side, Hannah is doing amazing!!!! She has gone from walking/stumbling to running in a very short amount of time. We cannot wait to go home next month so everyone can see how much progress she's made!!! She now refuses to crawl, and is becoming more and more independent each day.
Hannah's vocabulary has also increased quite a bit. she now repeats EVERYTHING we say!!!! She is getting better about telling us what she wants to eat...and doesn't want, and she seems like really enjoy being able to make decisions. She has also taken a huge liking to music. she has always seemed to enjoy listening to it, but now she sings along. If she doesn't know the exact word that is being sung, she mimics the sounds and pitch. Her new favorite band is Hedley, a Canadian group (that I am also fond of!!!). She sings along with all of their songs, and occasionally will break out into verses even when the radio is off. I am working on getting her on video...but she seems to clam up as soon as I start recording...oh well.
Here are a bunch of photos that we've taken since we've been back...hopefully they will catch everyone up...
Since we've been home...
Hannah has become quite the artist! She loves to color...especially pictures of Elmo and other Sesame Street characters...

She has also become quite the hairstylist! We now have to put her hair in high ponytails since she pulls out all of her barrettes.

She has decided that the cat bed is a fun hangout...
...and that Daddy's ear-flap hat is a fun accessory!!
She has also decided that the chair we bought for her is quite fun to sit in...
...and that it is fun to watch Daddy play the Wii on Saturday mornings.
We've been playing lots of ball in the park...
...and she has become quite the model...
Blowing bubbles has become the favorite pastime...
...along with hanging out with Daddy...
...and chasing the cats (while dusting the floor with her cool slippers!!).
We've been doing lots of snuggling...
...and catching up on the news.
For Labour Day Weekend, we went for a drive in the mountains. We didn't see any wildlife, but we did see LOTS of cows.


And finally, we got in touch with our inner divas...
...and had a snack in the park with Daddy.
So, as you can see, we've been busy!!! We are looking forward to our next trip home (less than a month to go!!!), and we cannot wait to see everyone!!!
I hope you are all well...
Love,
Sharon

4 comments:

Katie Jones said...

Wow- what a great newsy post! I love all the new pictures of Hannah- too sweet! I'm sorry to hear that her surgery's been delayed. :(

Kelly Miller said...

Ms. Hannah's hair has gotten so long! I loved seeing all the pictures. Bella is also a big fan of coloring - she scaled the table to get to Javi's bucket of crayons yesterday. We've given her an aquadoodle - you should look into it! She lays in the floor and draws away.

Of Pandas and Pirates said...

I love the new pictures!!! Hannah is getting so big and her hair is so beautiful and long!!! You're daughter is amazing!! I miss you on iV!

Karla said...

Hannah is just too cute Sharon!!!

 
◄ Design by Pocket