Anniversary Weekend

Monday, September 15, 2008

Hey Everyone!
To celebrate our Anniversary Weekend (Craig and my 7 year wedding anniversary and Hannah's one year surgery anniversary), we decided to have a family weekend. Craig kicked things off by taking me out to a fancy dinner on Friday night...YUM!!!! Then on Saturday, we had a family pancake breakfast, and then we took off for a bike ride. They were having a small jazz concert in the park near our house, so we decided to hang out for a bit and enjoy the music. While there, we met a woman and her son (who is Hannah's age), who live not too far from us. Ironically, her husband travels quite a bit to Portland on business, and her neighbors are from NH!!! Small world, huh?? The kids played, and we exchanged numbers so we can get together again.
Here are some photos we took...





Yesterday, we decided to take Hannah to the Calgary Zoo. We hadn't been since April, so we thought we'd go again before it starts cooling down. Hannah was amazing!!!! She was pointing out animals and naming them before we could even tell her what they were called. She was a big fan of the elephants, fish, and monkeys. If she didn't know the name of something, she would look up at us, and repeat the name once we said it. I still can't believe that she managed to repeat flamingo and wart hog...but she did!!!! I cannot wait until next spring to take her back and see how much progress her speech has made!!!
I took so many photos...here are some of the better ones...

We had to check out the new baby elephant...I think Hannah liked that it was small like her!!!

There are so many monkeys at the Zoo...Hannah was loving them all!!!
She also learned what a flamingo was.

This monkey looks mean, but I just happened to catch him mid-yawn!!!
MaMa's little monkey!!!
Hannah wasn't so sure about the hogs...she preferred to call them piggies.
The giraffes were pretty cool...
...and we got to see their new baby!!!
This is my favorite animal photo of the day!!!


Which way Hannah???

Feeding time!!!
After a long day in the sun, we headed home, threw some steaks on the grill, hung out with our neighbors, and finished the day with some bubble blowing!!!

All in all, it was a great end to a terrible week. I don't think this week is going to get much better, but I am trying to stay positive and have lots of faith.
I hope you all have a wonderful week, and I will post more when I can.
By the way...Happy Anniversary Craig!!! I love you!!!!
Love,
Sharon

0 comments:

 
◄ Design by Pocket