Pumpkins and Skeletons...

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Hey Everyone!!
Well, after letting my photos pile up on the camera card, I figured it was time to do a post! A few weekends ago, we went to the Calgary Corn Maze. We have been missing the Fall traditions in New England, especially apple picking, and since there are no orchards here in Calgary, we figured the corn maze was the next best thing. The only problem is that it was SUPER muddy the day we went...no worries, we made the most of things.
Hannah loved the petting zoo!! She is so funny...most of the kids were chasing the animals around, and Hannah was just walking right up to them and trying to have a conversation. She took a liking to the chickens...I think the biggest reason was that the other kids weren't very interested in them. She was having a great one on one with this one!
Some of the animals could have cared less about the kids...food was more important. Can't blame them there!
And Hannah made the connection that sheep have wool and I knit with wool. It amazes me whenever she makes connections like this! Now whenever I knit in front of her, she asks me what sheep I got my wool from!! It is so cute!!


Apparently no fall event is complete without a pig race. People were trying to predict the winner, but they all looked the same to me. Hannah thought their squeals were hilarious!!!



This is one of my new favorite photos. I have so many of Hannah and Craig holding hands. There is something about their size difference that I find so cute. I should get a bunch of the photos from last year and line them up to see how much she has grown!!



After the petting zoo, we went through the kids corn maze. It was the end of the season, so the corn was pretty beat up, but Hannah still had fun. We took a mid-way break, and Craig decided to teach Hannah about corn and where it comes from. I still think he should have been a professor!!!





Before we left, we decided to pick out a pumpkin. We were hoping for a giant field where you actually go an select your pumpkin off the vine, but instead they had a few lying around to choose from...oh well. Hannah picked this one for us to take home...she thinks she is SOOOO strong!




Being the girl that she is, she had to check one last time to see if there were any better ones to buy.





...and she found one that suited her much better. (Don't worry...Daddy brought the big one home too!!!)






This past weekend we lazed around and Sunday I insisted that we go out and do something. We ended up driving up to Calgary Olympic Park to see what was going on there. It always amazes me that we have such amazing sports history right here in our city. Have you ever seen the movie "Cool Runnings"? Yup...it was about the 1988 Calgary Olympics. Many of the scenes were filmed here too. There is no way to walk around the park and not get the chills!!!





Hannah decided that she needed to get in on the Olympic Spirit too!!





Someday I will get a good photo of the flags flying...until then...this is what you get.




As we were walking around watching the skiers and snowboarders (yup, they've been making snow for a few weeks now), we heard an announcement that they were starting the skeleton races soon. WooHoo!!! We always seem to stumble upon some cool event whenever we go to COP...like here and here. This time, we walked right into the Canadian National Skeleton Championship!! We stayed and watched the Women's Competition...all I can say is...WOW!!! There's nothing like watching someone go zooming by, face first, on a tiny little sled! Hannah was mesmorized by it!!! It is also really cool that you can watch so closely. At one point, one of the racers hit some ice and it sprayed right up at us!! Pretty cool, eh?



This isn't a great photo, but it is one of the racers. I had my zoom lens on, and they were actually too close to us already. I didn't get a chance to change it in time. I through the original photo through some editing software so you could see a bit more detail...I took some videos and I'll post them soon...they should be better.



Hannah was pretty amused by the snow...and mud. Oh well...you're only a kid once, right???



Oh, and before I forget, I had a wonderful birthday last week. Craig took me to dinner at Divino, and then he surprised me with ice skating at the Olympic Oval. We had a wonderful meal, and skating was a blast! I hadn't been skating in years, but was dying to get back on the ice!! It was Craig's second time ever on ice, and his skates didn't fit very well, so I don't think he had as much fun. Since then, we bought him a pair that fits (he had rented the other night), and we can't wait to go back and take Hannah!!!
I hope you are all well...I'm off to brainstorm birthday gift ideas for Craig! Wish me luck!!!
Cheers!
Sharon

0 comments:

 
◄ Design by Pocket