Hey Everyone!
I rarely use this blog to rant about things...but I can't help it on this one. Saturday night, Craig, Hannah and I headed north to the new Cross Iron Mills Shopping Mall in Balzac. We had a few odds and ends to pick up at the Super Walmart, and we figured we'd grab a quick dinner at the mall and let Hannah "talk" to the fish at Bass Pro Shops.
As soon as we walked into the Food Court, I was at a loss of what to get for Hannah. She has recently taken a liking to Arby's Turkey Bacon Ranch sandwiches, but I wasn't feeling it (The Korean BBQ restaurant was screaming my name!), and I typically share my meal with her. During the day, she had been really well behaved, so we decided to let her pick anything that she wanted...and like most kids, she picked chicken nuggets. Off to KFC we went!
Ok, here's where my rant begins. I ordered the Popcorn Chicken Kid's Meal. The lady at the register asked me what drink I wanted to go with it. I asked her what my choices were, and she pointed to the soda machine! I couldn't believe it! I asked her if they had any juice options, and she said that they did, but that she would have to upcharge me for it. So, I ended up paying an extra $2.25 so my child wouldn't have to drink soda!!! The lady looked at me funny, when I cringed at the situation, and I said to her..."You do know she's two, right?" Apparently that doesn't mean anything these days.
So, the next time you see a group of hyperactive, obese children running around...just assume that they eat at KFC!!!
(By the way...I think we're going to stick to Arby's for fast food...they have juice AND milk available for kids! And their sandwiches have real veggies...not deep fried imitators!!! Heck, even McDonald's offers healthier options...too bad they aren't in any of the malls around here!)
Cheers!
Sharon
(ETA: So, apparently this is my Second Blog Rant...the other was a while back...and the topic was Chili's! I really need to rethink eating out, since my two rants have both been restaurant related!!!)

1 comments:
Ugh that's awful.
Post a Comment