So, a lot has been going on lately here in the Giles house. Hmmm...where to start??? Well, as you can see by the videos, Craig is home from Toronto, and Hannah and I couldn't be happier!!! it always amazes me how much she and I miss him...even when he is only gone for a few days.
Last week also marked the beginning of Hannah's music class. She loved it so much last spring that we decided to enroll her again this fall. last time she was in the 1-2 1/2 year old class. This time we decided to put her in the 2-4 year old class. Though a few of the kids are older than her, she is by far one of the most advanced verbally. The kids are great, and Hannah really likes her new teacher, Jan. In the last class, there was a lot of parent participation. This time around, because the kids are older, a few of us have been stepping back a bit and letting the kids rely on Jan's instruction. Hannah is doing great with this, and I am so proud of her!!
In more Hannah news, we have some upcoming cardiology appointments in the next few weeks. Hannah wasn't scheduled to go back until December, but she has been showing signs of shortness of breath and fatigue, so they want to see her earlier. We started to see the change in Hannah a few weeks ago, and we chalked it up to a growth spurt and the change of seasons. It got progressively worse, and friends started to notice that Hannah was taking more breaks and looked a bit more "blue" in her hands and lips.
When I called her Cardiologist, they were concerned, though they knew it wasn't an emergency. Without them seeing her, they predict that these are all signs of her body saying that it is outgrowing her last operation. Unfortunately that means that her third one will be moved up a bit...we think. So, they decided to bring her in on the 15th for an Echo and we're meeting with her doctor on the 19th. Gotta love overbooked doctors offices up here...we can't even get our appointments for the same day!! Oh well...
All of this has been weighing pretty hard on Craig and I. We have known since before Hannah was born that she would need three operations...heck, if we were still living in the States, she probably would have already had her Fontan, but it still hits you like a ton of bricks when you are faced with it. Patty, our nurse in Cardiology, told me to get mentally prepared for Hannah's Cardiac Cath to take place in November. I'm not sure what the timeline up here is, but back home, that meant that the operating table was in the near future.
So, at this point, I don't have any real news to share. We are praying that if Hannah does need surgery soon, that they will delay it until after the New Year. We really want to go home for Christmas, and I think that mentally it will do us all some good to see our friends and family before the big day comes.
Well, that's enough of me babbling. I hope you are all well, and I will continue to post updates as I get them.
Cheers!
Sharon

2 comments:
Good luck to all of you, Sharon. I will be praying for Hannah.
Oh, sweet Hannah. I hope she's able to enjoy the holidays and that everything goes smoothly when her operation time comes. Hugs to you all!
Post a Comment