Happy Belated Thanksgiving!!!

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Hey Everyone!
I just wanted to take a minute to tell you all about our Thanksgiving. Yesterday was Canadian Thanksgiving...last year we were just getting back from NH, so we didn't celebrate it. This year, we originally were going to just hang out and enjoy Craig's day off, but at the last minute, we decided to invite our friends Matt and Michelle over for dinner...American style! So, on Sunday night, we feasted on turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, carrots, stuffing, home made rolls, pumpkin soup, and of course...chocolate cream pie and pumpkin pie!!!!
I didn't take a lot of photos since I was helping in the kitchen, but here is the turkey just out of the oven...
...and the table. I was so excited that after being married for 8 years, I was finally able to use our wedding china!!! I actually had to take tags off of some of the pieces...haha!!
I was really proud of the table cloths too. We searched high and low for ones that would fit our dining table and spare table that we were using as a buffet. When we couldn't find any that worked, we headed to IKEA and bought a few meters of fabric. I hemmed them on Sunday morning, and we had perfect table cloths by dinner time!!!
Yesterday we didn't do too much except head over to the SouthCentre Mall to walk around. They just opened the first Crate and Barrel store in Western Canada, and we wanted to see how crazy it was with people. it actually wasn't too bad, and we were able to get some ideas for some furniture we'd like to get. Then, we headed home and ate hot turkey sandwiches until we were ready to burst...then we topped ourselves off with some leftover pie...yum!
This morning I woke up to Craig snickering as he dressed for work. He insisted that I get up to look out the windows to "see what was outside". In this house, that means one thing...snow...okay, it means two things...one, that there is snow falling, and two that I need to crawl back into bed and hide from said snow!
As soon as Hannah got up, she noticed the fluffy stuff outside and was all excited. So, after many, many, MANY "Please Mom?"'s, I gave in and we went out to play. Heck, the walk wasn't going to shovel itself, and yes, there was enough to shovel!
Here are a few of the photos I took of Hannah. She wanted me to show her how to make snow angels, once she figured out that the snow we got wasn't good for snowmen.








I hope it is toasty warm where you are!
Love,
Sharon

1 comments:

Kelly Miller said...

Is it possible we have the same kitchen table? I think I have the same one, only in a darker stain.

Your turkey looks delicious and your table cloth is beautiful! Great job on Thanksgiving -- and good luck with all that snow.

(Hey, don't forget to enter the giveaway on my blog!)

 
◄ Design by Pocket ►