Hey Everyone!
Sorry I only get to update things on the weekends. My computer is still on the blink, and I don't want to bog Craig's down with my photos, so I only get to download a few on the weekends.
So, this past week was a big one for us. A week ago this past Friday, Hannah had to go for shots. She did so well that Craig and I decided to reward her...with her big girl bed!!! We were in no rush to get it, but she has been asking us for one for a week or so. We know how difficult it can be to transition kids from the crib to a bed, so we figured that if she was asking, we were jumping on it. We had her help Craig put it together, and she was thrilled!!!

Once it was in her room, she wasted no time putting all of her bed friends in their spots. If I had taken a photo of her crib and then one of her bed, you would have seen that every stuffed animal was int he exact same spot! No, my kid doesn't have OCD...haha!!!
We thought the first night would be rough, but Hannah was so wiped out from her shots, she slept great!! She fell out of her bed the second night, but she was fine. Since then, she has fought her naps a little bit (which she did even in her crib), but she has been sleeping like a champ! We are so proud of her!!!
A week ago Saturday, we decided to drive into Downtown and pick up a compost bin. Craig and I had been talking about it for some time now, and we decided to give it a go. The bin only cost $25, and once we get curbside recycling this spring, we will have very little trash to throw away. We're still learning what can and cannot be composted, but we're having fun just the same!
When Craig put it together, Hannah was convinced that the bin was Oscar's trashcan from Sesame Street. She had more fun playing in it, and now when I go outside with scraps, I tell her that I am going to feed Oscar. I cannot wait until this spring/summer when we get some good compost for the garden, and she can help me spread it!!!

A week ago Sunday, we stayed closer to home and went to the local swings. Hannah kept saying..."look at me!!!" She loved being outside, and since I was still getting over my cold, it felt good to air out a bit.
This weekend, we decided to go out to Olympic Park and see the World Cup Luge Championships. Before we went, Hannah wanted to use her new markers and paper to color. Looks like she is going to take after Craig and be a lefty.
Here are some of the luge photos I took. I must say, it is really tricky taking photos of guys zooming by you at 85 miles and hour!!! We saw Round One of the Men's singles, and then Hannah was getting cold, so we headed to the bookstore. I would have liked to see more, but the wind picked up, and we were all getting pretty chilly. Hannah even asked us to stop for donuts on the way back towards home...we didn't complain because it meant that we could stop at Tim Hortons and get TimBits for her and coffees for us!!



Before we headed out, we took a look at the gift shop in the museum, and Hannah spotted the bobsled!! She cried when we made her get out of it!!!
So, that's what we've been up to. We didn't do much with regard to Valentine's Day, other than dinner on Friday night at Moxies. Hannah is doing better and better at restaurants, so we made the most of it and went out. Today we did a bit of shopping and lots of cleaning! We sent 5 big bags of clothes to Goodwill, including 15 coats!!!! Much of the stuff was from college and when I worked at UNE. It feels so good to get rid of excess stuff and help others that the same time!!!
Craig has tomorrow off for Family Day, so we'll see what we'll do to celebrate. I'll try to write more later...my battery is about to die!!!
Have a great long weekend!!!
Love,
Sharon












1 comments:
Okay - so all of the pictures were adorable, but I think Hannah at the table concentrating on her picture was just too much. How cute is she?!
Also, I want to start composting but I just don't know how to get started. How did you choose/find your bin, etc? You should blog all about it for those of us trying to get started!
Post a Comment