Hello-
Last week Hannah and I decided to try some new projects around the house. We had watched Sid the Science Kid on PBS growing flowers from seeds, so I thought, why not? That, and I was having the Spring Fever Itch!! So, Hannah and I gathered up all of our gardening stuff and got to work.
In the morning, before her nap, we watered down the peat pots, so they could expand. Hannah was a bit nervous about getting dirty, but was very happy when she got to play in the water.
Later in the afternoon, we added our seeds and found a cozy spot for them in the dining room window. Since we planted them, she gets excited when it is time to water them, and looks every day to see if they are growing. I sure hope some of them take, otherwise, she'll learn another lesson in science...how to try again!!
We also traded our spades for spatulas and made some cookies for Craig. I don't have any photos since I couldn't turn my back on Hannah in the kitchen. She was very excited to dump the sugar in the bowl and watch the mixer spin. As soon as Craig walked through the door that night, she nearly plowed him over to tell him that we made cookies for him. I would show a photo of the finished product, but they are already gone...sorry!!
This is such a fun age with Hannah, since she is starting to be able to do more stuff with me during the day. I cannot wait until this summer when we can garden and go for nature walks!!!
Have a good one!!!
Sharon




0 comments:
Post a Comment