Evening...
Well, for most of you, you are probably in bed already. It is 9 PM here, so 11 PM for all of you in New England. I am still trying to get used to the time difference. What is killing me is the fact that there is no local FOX station, so I have to wait up until 9 to watch American Idol on the Seattle station...grrrr.
So another thing that is driving me insane is going grocery shopping. Granted, we are living in a different country, but come on, it's Canada...or neighbor to the north. How is it that the food labels that I have grown to know and love dissapeared as soon as I crossed the border?? Here are some examples...
People here apparently love Kraft Dinner. (I added this just for you Fred!!!)
For those of you in the States, you know it as Mac and Cheese.
Now, I love cheese...what girl with Canadian roots doesn't?? So in the States, if you want Cracker Barrel cheese, you'd look for this...
Up here, it looks like this...
The one that really got me was Blue Bonnet margarine...
Here is what you see in the States...
and this is what you would find up here...
and when you open it up, instead of finding sticks of margarine, you would find this...
So, if you come up to visit, be prepared to be very confused. Not only do things look different, but you also buy meat by the kilo, and make sure that when you pick up a box, you are looking at the English side and not the French.
Well, that's enough ranting for tonight. American Idol is on...
By the way...it is still freaking cold outside!!!
Till tomorrow...
~ Sharon ~






2 comments:
Welcome to Alberta!
Yep it is cold here! I have lived both in Calgary and in the US (Texas)so if you have any questions about things just hop over to my blog and I can help you out!
"But we would eat Kraft Dinner."
"Yes we would."
"And buy really expensive ketchups to go with it."
"Mmmm...DIJON KETCHUP!"
Post a Comment