Hello-
Well, I must say that in the few days I have been in Calgary, the weather has been INSANE!!!! I am still trying to learn how to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit, and vice versa, so when I hear the weather reports on the radio, they don't mean much to me. I guess the general rule of thumb is to take the C degrees, double it, and add 30. It isn't exact, but gets you close enough. This is helpful when you are dealing with numbers like 20 degrees Celsius. If you double it and add 30, you get 70...perfect for when you are trying to set the thermostat. Then you get into the negative degrees. I am sorry, but whether you say negative 24 F or negative 31 C...it doesn't matter...it is just freaking cold!!!!
I knew that some people have to plug in their diesel cars in the US, to keep them from gelling up. Today, everyone had their cars plugged in, regardless of their fuel type...you are not imagining things, those are extension cords coming out of our neighbor's cars. Craig bought one for us, but he got the wrong kind. The stores are all sold out, so I have a feeling that we'll be saying a prayer tonight that the car will start in the morning...otherwise, I might be out there blowing on the engine with him!!!
Hannah, Louis, Ella, and I did our best to stay warm. There was a nice bit of sunshine coming in the back windows most of the day. Naturally, the cats found any warm spots they could find.

Hannah and I made the most of the day and played a lot. Her favorite was peek-a-boo in her Pack 'N Play.
Followed by a close second game of "How Many Toys Can Hannah Fit in Her Mouth at Once"
Finally at about 7 tonight, the cable guy showed up. We now have phone, Internet and cable...woohoo!!! Craig was so excited that he is out buying a TV right now. With only a few of her toys here, the days have been really long for Hannah (and MaMa), so I think we are going to be couch potatoes for the next few days. Craig didn't complain too much when I asked him to go to the store...I think he was thinking about this weekend and the SuperBowl.
Well, I better get going. Craig should be home soon, and naturally we'll have to test out the new TV to make sure it works...wink wink!!! Please keep your fingers crossed that it warms up here...I can't tell you how many people keep saying that they can't remember when it has ever been this cold, and that I must have brought the temperatures with me from Maine...funny, I just checked the temp in Portland, and it is 29 degrees there...hmmmm.
Have a good night, and I'll write more later.
~ Sharon ~

0 comments:
Post a Comment