Sitting and Standing and Falling...oh my!!!

Friday, January 11, 2008

Hello!

Well, yesterday was a big day for Hannah. She started the day off having her 9 month physical. Dr. Lynch, her pediatrician, was very happy with her progress. Though she isn't very confident with sitting by herself yet, and she has yet to crawl, he said that she was ahead for many of her other milestones. She can wave without any problems, talk, interact with others, and she is mastering the pincer grasp. I also explained to him that she rolls wherever she wants to go. He thinks that she will be a scooter, rather than a crawler, and that once she gets more mobile, there will be no stopping her!


They also weighed and measured her length. This part of her Dr. visits has always been the most stressful. I was happy to find out that she weighs 18.38 lbs and is 28.5 inches long. This puts her in the 42%ile for her weight (up from 34%ile last month), and the 81%ile for her height!!! This was a far cry from the days when she was in the 10%ile for her weight, and we were having weekly weight checks and having to fortify her bottles. Now she is on plain formula, and she eats baby food like a pig...except baby food meats...don't even get me started on her Exorcist reflex!!!


After her appointment, and a long nap (she had 3 shots, and though she took them like a trooper, she was exhausted), we practiced sitting and standing...and falling. Here are some of the photos I took:

Don't worry about her falling...she thought it was hilarious. I have a little video of her standing and falling that I will post later.
After lots of practice, she was so worn out that she slept through the night...12 hours without getting up!!!! Needless to say, MaMa is in a good mood today!!
Well, I guess that's enough for now. I'll post more later.
Have a good day!!
Sharon

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray Hannah!!!! Hailey's got a little head start on you, but when you two team up we'll all be in trouble!

-Aunty Christen

 
◄ Design by Pocket