Morning!!!
Well, we survived another night of Hannah not wanting to sleep. I don't blame her, this house echoes, and I am sure that her Pack 'N Play isn't the most comfy. Oh well, she's in a good mood today, and I have lots of coffee running through my veins, so it's a good day!!
So I thought I would post a few random photos from up here...being that it is me writing this, you know I have to comment on them all.
For any of you who have been to Peg and Dick's house in FL, you will surely know the name Bob's Barricades. Whoever Bob is, he must be rolling in the dough, because every construction site in the SE corner of FL has his barricades. They are everywhere!!! Here in Calgary, whoever owns these signs must be related to Bob, because again, they are everywhere!!!
Since everyone seems to be so facinated by people plugging their cars in up here, I thought I would share this photo with you...
Many of the businesses have plugs outside!!! Apparently they are considered a perk at many employers, and SYSCO even has them!!! This whole concept really blows me away. Fortunately it is warming up here, so we should be able to put our extension cord away soon. Woohoo!!!
Yesterday Craig, Hannah and I went to the Service Canada Office, and I became official. I now have my SIN (which is like your SS# in the US). We also went to the bank to get my name put on Craig's account...yeah, I now have $$$!! At some point, I have to go get my license. I told Craig that if they want me to take a driving test all over again, that he can just get me a bus pass. I am NOT parallel parking again...my brother Craig and Kristy know why!!!
While out and about yesterday, we went to A&W. I must say that it will never compare to Wendy's, but it wasn't bad. The names of their burgers facinate me...
For those of you who are wondering, you can get 2 Papas for $6...what a bargain!!! If you don't like beef, you can even get a Chubby Chicken. Who comes up with these things???
Last night, we went to the Canadian Superstore for groceries...this store is my new crack!!! They sell everything!!!! I am also a fan of the Chinook Centre, the local mall. It is quite impressive, and every store in it is having a sale right now. Anyway, while at Superstore, I noticed this...
What in the world is a Gas Bar you ask?? Well, they don't have Gas Islands, or Gas Stations...they have Gas Bars. Again, who comes up with this stuff???
Now, on to Bunnytown...the new name we have for our neighborhood. We saw some bunnies the other night, and didn't think anything of it. Then, Craig was greeted by our long-eared friends several mornings this past week. Then last night, I finally caught one of them on camera...
He thought he could avoid being caught on camera, but I spotted his ears!!
We think he might be living under our deck. This is only one of the many we have in the neighborhood. Naturally I want to name him (because I name everything!!!). Craig came up with Beatrix (to honor both Beatrix Potter and the Kill Bill movie), but since I keep refering to him as "he", I am torn. If anyone can come up with a good name for him, I would really appreciate it. Feel free to post your suggestions as comments!!!
Well, I think that's about it for now. I have to go take a shower, and then we are probably heading into town. There is an indoor garden that we might go visit...thanks Jon and Eva for the coupon!!!!
I'll post more later...until then, have a great weekend!!!
(Oh, and I apologize for any spelling errors...the spell check isn't working on the blog!)
~Sharon~

0 comments:
Post a Comment