How are we doing??

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Hey Everyone!!
So, back in January, I posted a list of goals for 2009. I thought I would revisit the list to see where we are at.
Exercise more
Ummm...yeah...or should I say nope? Craig did great with this one by playing softball this summer, but I have been a log. I am really hoping to work on this before snow falls...we'll see how it goes.
Get outside and fix up the yard
WooHoo!!! We did this!!! I'll post photos eventually, but our gardens are looking awesome!! I have 6 zucchinis waiting to be eaten...or shredded for bread, and my tomatoes are growing like crazy! We have gotten many compliments on both our grass and gardens, and I am so proud of how things turned out!
Maintain Connections

So, this isn't easy when you are 3000 miles away from people you grew up with. I do talk to old friends regularly, and I cannot wait until we go home at Christmas so I can catch up with a few in person!!
Date Nights

I think Craig and I are doing pretty well with this. We haven't gone out too much this summer, only because we had family visit. We are also planning on saving up our baby sitter money for Flames season!!
Me Time

I have worked so hard at this!!! Since I started knitting for the WCOBBS, I have met some wonderful ladies!! I go to knitting night once a month, and I go out with "the girls" from time to time. I have also snuck away a few times to walk around Michaels or the bookstore. It isn't much, but it helps!! Oh, and do I even need to mention my new look?? I think going and chopping my hair and getting my much needed glasses surely qualifies as me time!! I even have a follow-up appointment set up for a trim!!
Explore New Places
We haven't done too much of this lately. The summer was quite busy, so we didn't have much time. We did learn about Heritage Park and we're anxious to go back with Hannah. We also have been trying a lot of new types of food, so I guess we've been exploring new places in a culinary way!
Spend time with Visiting Family and Friends
This has been a great year for company! We had my parents up in May and my in-laws up in July. I hope that more friends and family make their way up soon!!! If not, we'll be headed home for Christmas.
So, all in all, I think we're doing pretty well our list. 2009 still has some time left in it, so I have some time to work on a few things!!
Have a great rest of the weekend!!!
Love,
Sharon

0 comments:

 
◄ Design by Pocket