Goopy Eyes and Train Rides

Monday, August 31, 2009

Hey Everyone!

I took a bunch of photos yesterday, and I thought I'd post a few. Hannah was feeling a bit crappy...both of our allergies have been acting up, but it was time to get her out of the house for some fun. It seems like the pollen in the air is impacting my throat (Uber-itchy), and Hannah's eye.


Every time she gets stuffed up, her eye gets all goopy. Once, she was treated for pink eye, but we now know that's not what it is. There is a direct correlation to my allergies, her stuffy nose, and her goopy eye. Our next step is to see if she has a blocked tear duct that is pushing her runny nose upwards to her eye. In any case, she's fine, just annoyed by her "BooBoo Eye".


She was having fun hamming it up for the camera...and trying to take my photo as well with her camera.


So, we decided that it was time to air out...so off to the park we went...Bowness Park to be exact. What a cool place!! It is a bit of a drive since it is on the NW side of the city, and we are at the extreme SE corner, but it was worth it! There was a great little ice cream shop, paddleboat rentals, and a cute little train. There were several old rides fenced off, and many photos in the buildings...all of them reminded me of what Pine Island Park or Riverton Park must have been like at one point. Ironically, Bowness Park was also a trolley park! So, here are some of the photos I took...the flowers were still in full bloom and beautiful, so I had to snap a few shots of those too!!!

I hope you all had a great weekend!!! We're getting our new doors installed tomorrow, and the cats have a vet appointment tonight, so I'm sure I'll have some updates by the end of the week!!
Have a great week...Happy Monday!!
Love,
Sharon

2 comments:

Karla said...

What a fun looking park!

Kelly Miller said...

Even with her boo boo eye, Hannah is adorable!

 
◄ Design by Pocket