Hey Everyone!!
Sorry I haven't written in a while. We have been trying to make the most of the little bit of summer that is left. The weather has been super crazy!! This past weekend we had to wear sweaters and click on the heat, and today I have the AC on to get rid of the humidity!!! Oh well, at least the rain has stopped...for now!!! My garden is more of a jungle these days!!!
So, what have we been up to? A little of this...a little of that. Craig finished up his softball season about a week ago...unfortunately his team didn't get as far as they would have liked in the playoffs...sorry guys! Hannah and I made it to a few games, though not as many as I had hoped for. With a super active toddler who wants to run out onto the field to see Daddy, it makes going to the games more work than necessary. I'm sure next year will be a different story.
We also made it to a few festivals here in the city. Two weekends ago we went to the Mardi Gras Festival in the Marda Loop neighborhood. It was great! They had a bunch of street vendors and sales at the local shops. They also had some guys break dancing in the street which was Hannah's favorite part. She came home and told us that she was going to learn how to dance like them!!! Last weekend we headed down to Eau Claire Market for the Taste of Calgary Festival. We got to sample all kinds of great foods!!! Hannah really liked the pancakes with ham and cheese, the crepes with chocolate and bananas, and the calamari battered with graham cracker crumbs.
Let's see, what else have we been up to?? I have been knitting up a storm...between baby gifts and WCOBB blankets, my needles haven't had much time to relax. I'm in the middle of a WCOBB blanket right now, and Hannah has requested a sweater, so those will keep me busy for a bit.
We've also hung out with friends a bit this summer. A few weeks ago we had Matt and Michelle over for a BBQ. Craig smoked a brisket, and it came out great!!! We also had a fun BBQ at Rob and Carrie's house with some of their friends and family. Hannah loved playing with the other kids!! Apparently there's talk of a repeat BBQ this weekend...I can't wait!
Well, I think that's about it for now. I had way too many photos to post all in one blog post, so I am in the process of making a slide show for the sidebar. Mom, I know you print my blog for Nana to see, so if there are any photos you'd like me to email you, let me know!!!
I hope you are all enjoying the rest of your summer!!!
Love,
Sharon

1 comments:
Sounds pretty busy and very fun considering how far away you are from family and (previously known) friends! Glad you are enjoying yourselves! :)
Post a Comment