Looking back and looking ahead

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Hey Everyone!
So, here it is, the long awaited goals post. I decided to start 2009 with a list of some of the highlights of 2008...then we can get to the goals I have for 2009.


Highlights of 2008

(These are in no particular order)
The Big Move

In January 2008, we packed up our stuff and headed North...to Canada! It was a difficult process, but worth it in the long run. We really enjoy Calgary and all that is has to offer!!!



The New House

In May, we bought a new house. We have had more fun decorating and making the place ours. It was a huge step for us to buy a place, but we LOVE it!!!!


Hannah's First Birthday!
On April 9, 2008, Hannah turned one!!! Looking back at photos, I am amazed at how much she has changed and grown! At one year, she wasn't very mobile, and could say very little. Now, she is running around the house, and speaking in sentences...I cannot imagine what she will be like for her second birthday!!
Hannah's Firsts
2008 brought with it, first words, first steps, first foods, and many other firsts. We are so proud of Hannah!! She has come so far!!!

New Experiences

This year, we really tried to branch out and explore our new surroundings. Some of the new places we visited were the Calgary Tower, the Hoodoos in Drumheller, we went to our first rodeo, spent a lot of time in the Rockies, and Craig and I went to the Junos!!!











Visitors
We were blessed to have three visitors this year. Craig's parents visited in April, and Fred came up in July. We had a great time with all, and look forward to them visiting again!!





A New Addition to the Family
In early August, the family grew with the addition of Jacob. My sister adopted this amazing little guy from China, and the family hasn't been the same since! He is a wonderful addition, and is blending in quite well with his two sisters and his brother. He and Hannah love to play together, and she asks about him often!



Another Family Addition

In October, my brother got married!!! Kristy has been a part of our family for a few years now, and on October 4th, she became official!! They had a wonderful wedding, and a great time was had by all.

New Friends

We have been so fortunate that we have made some great friends since we have been here!
(I feel bad that I don't have a lot of photos to share)
Jenna and Jesse are our next-door neighbors, and we have become really close. They don't have any family in the area either, so we've been living the life of new home owners together. Craig also introduced me to some amazing folks from SYSCO, and they have been great about welcoming us into their families. We also have developed a close relationship with our realtor, Halyna. She and her family love to spoil Hannah!!!

Re-inventing Old Friendships
This past year, both Craig and I were able to re-invent some of our old friendships. Some of these relationships have blossomed online, and others in person. Thanks to my brother's wedding, I was able to get back in touch with some of my old buddies...we look forward to continuing these relationships in 2009, and hopefully meeting up with some of our friends in person!




Okay, so if you have read this far, you're probably waiting for my goals for 2009.
Here we go...
Goals for 2009
(Again, in no particular order)

Exercise more
I have already started working on this by giving horse rides to Hannah...hey, it's a start!!


Get outside and fix up the yard
We got our fence this past fall, and I am chomping at the bit to get gardening!!! I cannot wait to get my hands dirty, and teach Hannah about flowers!!!



Maintain Connections
As I said above, we have rekindled many friendships this past year, and I hope to maintain them in 2009. Some of the folks that I talk to frequently online were very important parts of my childhood, and I look forward to having them play a role in my adult life too.
Date Nights
Craig and I tried hard this year to let go (more a need for me than Craig) and go out on date nights. We now have a small network of people we trust watching Hannah, and we are planning on calling on them a little more this year so we can have some us time!!
Me Time
I spend 24/7 with Hannah, and though I love being at home with her, I need some "Me Time" too. This fall I took a glass fusing class, and I look forward to doing more things like this in 2009.
Explore New Places
We did a lot of exploring in 2008, but there is so much to see and do out here!!! We cannot wait to go see and do so much more in 2009!!!
Spend time with Visiting Family and Friends
I am so excited to say that we already have company lined up for 2009!!! My parents will be visiting us in May, and Craig's parents have already planned a trip out for July. We love seeing our family, so this is huge!! Maybe before year's end, we'll be able to convince a few more of our family and friends to come for a visit!!!
Well, that's it for now. I am sure that I have lots of other goals, but these are some of the top ones. I plan to revisit this list throughout the year to see how I'm doing on getting things done.
I hope you all had a great weekend, and I'll write more soon!!
(We are in the process of rearranging Hannah's room, so I'll be sure to post some photos when we are done!!)
Have a great week!!
Love,
Sharon

2 comments:

Katie Jones said...

Great post! I loved all the pictures. Good goals for 2009, too!

Karla said...

Thanks for sharing Sharon!

 
◄ Design by Pocket