Playing Catch-up

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hey Everyone!!!
Sorry I haven't written in a while. I have been having some technical difficulties with my laptop, so that has kept me pretty busy. I know I have a bunch of photos on there to share, but in the meantime, here are some that were still on my camera...
A few weekends ago, Craig went to a Flames game with some of his co-workers...Hannah and I stayed home to watch the game on TV. We made sure that we were all decked out, regardless of where we were watching from!!!

A week ago Saturday, we decided to take advantage of some warm weather we were having, and go for a walk downtown. Here are a bunch of the photos that we took...




Hannah was loving all of the ducks and geese that we saw! I am convinced that she said hello to every duck that we walked by!!!

This past weekend, we went out to Lake Louise for the Ice Sculpture Competition. We knew it would be cold, so during the week, we bought Hannah a new winter coat and snow pants. She loves her coat, but still isn't convinced about the pants!!



I think I mentioned in another post that Craig bought me a bird feeder last fall, and we have all be enjoying watching the birds. Well, apparently we haven't been the only ones watching them. My neighbor's cat (that Jenna and I both want to take home with us because it is so cute!), has been checking them out too. I couldn't resist snapping a few photos. They aren't the greatest, since I was taking them through the window...


This past Sunday, we headed out to the mountains. It was cold, but beautiful out, so we couldn't resist. Hannah was great the whole time!!! She loved zooming around in her sled, and watching the kids skating. I cannot wait until she is old enough for skates!!! Hannah was quite the tourist attraction herself. We had so many tourists pointing and smiling at her in her sled. We even had a woman from Cincinnati, Ohio take pictures of Hannah for her vacation scrapbook!!!
Here are a bunch of photos that we took. The ice ones are a bit hard to make out...the sun was hiding behind a mountain, so the detail got a bit lost. Sorry!!




It wouldn't be a trip for me outside without taking some random nature photos!!!

On the way back to town, we stopped on the loop road we always have great wildlife sightings on. It was so nice out, we had to snap a few photos...

...and we did manage to get some pictures of elk. Of course, I had to climb through the snowbank to get close enough for a good shot. Little did I know that the "small" snowbank I was jumping into was really more than knee high!!!
We saw so much wildlife on our trip out...too bad we weren't able to stop the car to photograph most of it. We must have seen 8 or so wolves, too many elk to count, and a handful of Rocky Mountain sheep. It was by far the most wildlife we had seen in one day since we've been here!!
So, that's what we've been up to. This Friday night, Craig and I are going to a Flames game (woohoo!!!!), and I am planning on bringing my camera with the zoom lens. Then on Sunday, we are going to have some friends over for the SuperBowl. I'll do my best to post again before then, if not, I'll be sure to give you all an update next weekend!
In the meantime, have a great week, Happy Chinese New Year and Happy Birthday Olivia!!!
Love,
Sharon

0 comments:

 
◄ Design by Pocket