Hey Everyone!!!
Ahhhh...Calgary weather...it is like New England weather...you either love it or hate it. Right now, I'm not a huge fan!
A few weeks ago we had beautiful weather (my family and friends are seeing the remnants of this back east right now). So, Craig and I got the gardening itch. We bought a few small tomato plants at Home Depot for $1.50 each. We figured that even if they died before it was warm enough to have them outside, it wasn't a big deal. So, I bought some good sized pots and tucked them in with some of my trusty Miracle Grow soil.
Then came the snow! We had a few more nice days first, but for the past week, we have had flurries nearly every day. Needless to say, my tomato plants are still in my Dining Room, along with my basil, cabbage, cauliflower, and onions.
So, here's the problem...my tomatoes are more than 2 feet tall!!!! They won't stop growing!!!!
...and this...
So, it is official...we are going to have a crop of tomatoes before it is warm enough to put the plants outside. I've been trying to teach Hannah about gardening, and this is really going to mess with her!!!
Here's what the rest of my plants look like...
Craig bought me this daisy plant last spring and I've managed to keep it going ever since. We are now on bloom #3, and we usually get 2 or so flowers in each bloom. Hannah is in love with this plant!!!
These are my onions. I cannot wait to get them spread out and in my garden. This pot was supposed to be a temporary home until we can get the garden built...looks like they'll be moving in for a while.
And last but not least, my cabbage and cauliflower. These plants are also shooting up!!! It won't be long before I'll have to put these guys in the ground...snow or not!
Have a great week everyone!!!
Love,
Sharon

2 comments:
Wow - it's looking good! Have you been able to use any of your compost on the plants? I can't wait to see them in the ground. Bella loved going to our garden, so I know Hannah's going to be crazy over it!
This is so funny! I was kicking myself for not buying seedlings earlier but now with the weather I think I'm glad I waited! I don't have room in my small apartment for a garden! The tomato plants look really good though.
Post a Comment