Knitters and Crocheters...Knit Your Bit!

Monday, November 3, 2008

Hello All-
So, I found a new project to work on, and I want to share it with everyone. The program is called Knit Your Bit, and it is sponsored by The National WWII Museum. The idea is for knitters and crocheters to make scarves that will be distributed to veterans at Veterans Centers across the US. They offer three patterns online, though you can make any design you'd like.
Right now I am working on the "V for Victory" scarf, in a nice gray color. I am hoping to get it done quickly, so I can try out the other two patterns. This year's pattern is a bit different, as it is made on circular needles. I've never used them before, so we'll see if I get brave enough to give it a try.
The beauty of this project is that you can donate scarves any time of the year. You can also include a note to the recipient. I cannot wait to write my own thank you note to someone who has sacrificed so much for our country.
Those of you who are family know that my Pop was in WWII, and my Nana's brother, Francis, made the ultimate sacrifice in the war. Needless to say, honoring the veterans of WWII is extremely important to me. Please join me in showing respect to The Greatest Generation, and put your needles to good use.
For additional information, please log on to the Knit Your Bit site. I'll be sure to post photos of my completed project!!!
Take care and have a great week!
Love,
Sharon

0 comments:

 
◄ Design by Pocket