I Tried...

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Hey Everyone,




So, I have been trying to post something on here every day lately, and I completely forgot to post yesterday...sorry!! We had LOTS of snow when we got up in the morning, and that, combined with my sudden urge to dance around the house singing, "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas," I forgot.


Here's what we woke up to this morning...


The front of the house...





Looking down the street...




Looking up the street...




With all of the snow, I was forced to start thinking about when we will be decorating for the holidays. Because we don't have Thanksgiving in November in Canada, I wasn't sure when people dragged out their decorations. According to Jenna, our neighbor and expert of all things Christmas, people will start decorating at any time, though most wait until the end of November. So, even without a November holiday, people still follow a similar schedule to the States.


The sun is out today, so I am thinking that this Christmas mood will pass as quickly as the snow melts. We are hoping to take advantage of some leftover snow in the mountains this weekend to take a family photo for our Christmas cards...we'll see how that goes.


Last night, we ended a cold day with a warm dinner at Jenna and Jesse's house. Though much of the sauce burned on the bottom of her oven (and my Pyrex dish), her Russian Chicken was yummy!!! Jenna doesn't cook much, so the fact that she cooked the entire meal herself, of chicken, rice and corn, was quite an accomplishment. Fortunately, it tasted great, and I didn't have to cook!!!! Woohoo!!!!


Well, I better get going. Hannah is watching TV in the living room, and though she will only watch PBS/educational shows, I am afraid that she is becoming a bit addicted to it. I can't complain too much, since she is learning new words daily, and her knowledge of her shapes, letters and numbers is quite impressive. Craig and I try to reinforce everything she learns, but I know that she gets a lot of it from Sesame Street, Word World, and Sid the Science Kid.


I'll try to post again tonight...maybe Hannah will be in a "picture mood" and she'll let me snap a few new photos.


I hope you all have a great day!


Love,

Sharon

2 comments:

Karla said...

Devin is big on PBS shows too (as well as Noggin) but I try to limit him also because he gets "addicted" too. I guess there could be worse things for them since they are all learning shows!!!!

Katie Jones said...

Hey, NaBloPoMo is just a goal- I've enjoyed reading all your posts even if you did skip a day! The snow is lovely- wish we had some of that down South. Can't wait to see your family pics!

 
◄ Design by Pocket ►