Hey Everyone!!
Well, we're finally back in Calgary. I am proud to say that I have been home for less than 24 hours, and I have already downloaded all of the photos off my camera...that's got to be a record!!!
As usual, I took LOTS of photos, so be prepared...here are the highlights...
The day before we flew home, we hung out with our neighbors, Jenna and Jesse. Jesse's birthday was last Monday, so we had a birthday dinner for him at our place. we made burgers, wings, and mac and cheese...Jenna made his cake, which was a huge hit...even with Hannah!!
Here's the Birthday boy and Jenna
...and a cake covered Hannah!
First thing Saturday morning, we were off to the airport. Hannah had fun watching the giant tin toys flying around. They were so cool...you could wind up the back with a giant key to make them fly around. All of the kids were having a blast!!
The drive down from Montreal was interesting. Craig came down with a cold just before we left town, so he was miserable, and I had a migraine and stomach ache the whole ride down. So, after several hours of a fussy Hannah (who had been in her carseat for almost 10 hours), a stuffy Craig, and me leaving my "mark" on Sharon, Vermont (how ironic), we finally made it to my parent's house. I think all of us perked up quickly once we got there...it was so great to see my parents!!
Mom had the house all decked out for Christmas...Hannah loved it!!!
Hannah decided to claim the bottom step at my parent's house. Every time anyone would come over, she would lead them to the step with a book.
Monday night we headed over to Christen and Marc's house to see everyone. Hannah loves playing with her cousins!!!
Here's Abby...future model...
Tuesday morning we headed up to Maine to visit with Craig's family. Hannah had no problems remembering where to find the toys at Grammie and Grandpa's house
That night, Pat, Melissa, Quinn, and Rowan stopped over with some Chinese food...yum!
Here's Rowan...future drummer...
Fred also stopped over to snuggle with Hannah before bedtime...
Wednesday morning, Jon, Mitch and Olivia stopped by to say hello. Hannah took a liking to Mitch, dragging him all over the house. She kept saying his name the whole way back to NH...I think we need to fly him up to babysit for us!!! Both Mitch and Olivia were great with Hannah!!!
Wednesday night was Abby's night. Mom and I took her shopping for her birthday. We won't be in town for her party, so this was a great opportunity to spend some time with her. Naturally, she picked out all kinds of sparkly clothes...every item had some kind of bling...even the belt she wanted. Then it was back to my parent's house for some sub sandwiches and more reading time with Hannah. Abby is quite the reader, and Hannah took full advantage of it!!
Thursday we headed back to Christen's for Thanksgiving dinner. She and my Mom put on quite the spread! No one left hungry!!! It was so great watching all of the kids play...I wish they could do it more!!
Hailey took a time-out from playing "hairdresser" to pose for a photo with Kristy and Jacob.
I really think we need to get one of these playsets for our house...Hannah and Jacob played for hours with it...
...even Eliza had a fully belly by the end of the night.
Friday we hung out for most of the day. Hannah caught Craig's cold (so did I), so we were happy to just chill out and watch TV. Friday night, Craig and Kristy came over for dinner, so we were able to spend a little more time with them.
Saturday, we packed up, while Hannah got in some last-minute snuggle time with Gram and PaPa.
And then we were off...the drive was beautiful. Vermont got some snow during the week, and Craig took this great photo at one of the rest areas.
We spent Saturday night in Montreal, and headed home on an early flight yesterday. The flight went really well. Hannah was stuffy, and her tv wasn't working on the plane, so we were a bit nervous about the flight. Despite all of that, she was an angel the entire time!!! As soon as we got home, she hugged and kissed all of her toys, and chased the cats around, telling them that she missed them and loved them. It was so cute!!
Well, I guess I should end my post here...sorry for the novel!! Hannah is napping, and I am going to attempt to clean the house and then start decorating for Christmas. We'll see how far I get...
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I hope you have a great week!!!
Love,
Sharon


2 comments:
Looks like you had a fabulous trip Sharon. Seems like each trip is jam packed with lots of family and visiting!!! I am glad that all went well, everything considered. :) Happy Holidays to you!
Sounds like you had a great vacation - and awesome photos to prove it. Bella has that spinny toy Hannah was playing with!
Post a Comment