Random Stuff

Friday, December 12, 2008

Hey Everyone...
I just wanted to post a few recent photos. Hannah and I are both still getting over our colds, so I haven't taken too many pictures...or done much of anything!!!
While we've been sick, Ella has decided that it is her role to guard the one present that is under the tree. I think she likes to hide under the tree because she thinks Hannah can't see her...

Hannah has discovered the ornaments, though she has been really good about not touching too many of them. She usually asks if she can look at "the Beautiful Christmas Tree" before going over to it. She has really gotten into the idea of Christmas trees, lights, and most of all, angels.
We have also been trying to teach her about "Baby Jesus". She likes to point out everyone, though she is really good at naming all of the animals, Baby Jesus, and the Wise Men. We're still working on Mary, Joseph, and the Shepherd.


I managed to sneak in some crafting time during one of Hannah's naps. Here is one of my creations. It isn't that great...next time I need to use thinner ribbon...oh well...not bad for a first attempt!



We also finished decorating the house. This photo doesn't do it much justice, but we got new candles for the windows, and the trees for the front steps. they have lights on them, though you can't really seem them.



Yesterday, we had a nice surprise...the fence guys showed up!!! They had installed the posts about a month ago, and we weren't sure when they would be back to finish. The vinyl slats were on back-order, and apparently came in. They worked quickly, and we are 95% done in our yard. They have 2 more sections to finish up, and they need to install the gate.

While outside, I had to snap a photo of the geese overhead. I wish I had my zoom lens on...
We have soooo many geese flying over!!! Some days, you'll see hundreds of them in perfect formation. Typically, they fly in a "check mark" formation, not your typical "V".
I had to post a few more cat photos...I couldn't resist. Last night, Ella curled up in Craig's Red Sox hat and looked so cute. She wasn't too impressed that I got out the camera though. Thankfully I got a few photos before she noticed.

As for Louis, I took a bunch of cute ones, but this was my favorite. I seem to keep catching him mid-yawn. Gotta love a fast shutter speed!!!! He looks so ferocious, doesn't he???
As for other updates, Hannah had her shots yesterday, and though she didn't have any real side-effects, she didn't sleep all night, and was very irritable. She was supposed to have her RSV shot today, but after dealing with her up all night sobbing, I didn't have the heart to bring her in. We'll jump that hurdle on Monday instead. We did get some good news though, Hannah is up to 21lbs 15 oz!!!! That means that in 2 months, she gained 1lb 10oz!!! we are so excited, considering that she had lost weight in the 6 months prior.
I am sorry to hear that so many people back home were impacted by the ice storm! We are supposed to get snow all weekend, and temps in the negative 30 range...granted that's in Celsius, but it is still cold!!! It has already started snowing, and doesn't look like it will be stopping anytime soon. So, though we don't have any ice, I feel all of your pain!!!
This weekend we are supposed to go to the SYSCO Kids Holiday Party. Craig originally told me that it was supposed to be next weekend, but he just texted me with the correction. Hopefully the weather will hold out, and I'll be sure to take lots of photos!!!
Well, it sounds like Hannah is starting to wake up from her nap. She needed the rest after being up all night. I'll write more soon...
Have a great, warm, happy, ice free weekend!!!!
Love,
Sharon

0 comments:

 
◄ Design by Pocket