Happy Boxing Day Everyone!!!!
So, now that the Christmas whirl-wind is over, I figured I should post some photos from Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. This year, Craig and I decided to stay in Calgary for Christmas...it was the first time either of us had ever been away for the holidays, but after making so many trips home in the recent months, we knew it was the best decision for the three of us.
Despite being 3000 miles from home, we made sure that Hannah was able to still participate in the family gatherings. Thank goodness for Skype!!! On Christmas Eve, we typically stay at my parent's house in NH. My Mom has a HUGE spread of food, and we hang out, open presents and eat until we cannot move. Though we weren't able to sample any of my Mom's goodies (I never did have any pork pie this year...grrrr!!!), Hannah opened her presents along with her cousins.
Here's my Mom, Pepere, sister Christen, Jacob, and Abby.
Hannah is getting into building things, so the set Christen, Marc and the kids got her was perfect!!!
After talking for a while on the computer, we got dressed and headed up to one of Craig's co-worker's houses for dinner. Rob and his wife Carrie were so generous, inviting the three of us to spend the holiday with their family. We had a wonderful time, and the food was yummy!!! Hannah stole the show, reciting the alphabet for everyone, showing off her "booty dance" and wishing everyone a Merry Christmas.
On the way home, we stopped to take a photo of the Calgary skyline...it was such a beautiful night, we couldn't resist. I didn't have my tripod, so we are hoping to go back this weekend to take another photo...
Before heading to bed, Hannah had to get some play-time in with the new bear that Rob and Carrie bought her.
After she was asleep, Craig and I played Santa and laid out the rest of the presents under the tree.
Christmas morning was a bit odd for us. We had no idea what time Hannah was going to get up. So, Craig got up at 7:30, I was up around 9, and Hannah graced us with her presence at 9:45! Apparently the concept of "Santa" and presents hadn't completely sunk in yet.
This was her..."what do you mean it is Christmas" face...
She soon figured it out and made her way downstairs with Daddy.
(Yes, her pants are falling off...I am a bad Mommy, and forgot to wash the three pairs of Christmas pjs we had bought for her, so we had to resort to a too-big pair of winter jammies instead.)

Santa brought Hannah a Flames jersey and a broom and dustpan set. I had asked him for a working vacuum for Hannah, but his helper (Craig) couldn't find one at the store.
Santa brought me a matching jersey too!!!
Hannah LOVED the Little People castle, carriage and figures that Jon, Eva and the kids bought her!
Her doctor kit was a big hit too...didn't you know that you can play pro-hockey and be a doctor??? Craig thinks she has a future in sports medicine.
Typically we go to Craig's parent's house for Christmas Day. Once everyone had gathered there, we jumped on the computer to say hello.

Rather than napping, Hannah decided to play with her new toys some more. She got frustrated with her too-big pants, so you'll see she decided to just take them off...
Finally, we made our way over to our friend Joanne's house. She had invited us to spend Christmas dinner with her family. They were great!!! We had a wonderful time, and Hannah made herself right at home...
So, that was our holiday. There is no doubt that it was hard being away from home, but we are so blessed to have friends up here who welcomed us into their homes.
Today we are crashing at the house, debating if we should go out and take advantage of the Boxing Day sales...we'll see.
I hope you all had a great Christmas!!
Love,
Sharon

2 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! I love her "What do you mean its Christmas?" face... so cute! That's so neat that you guys can Skype to the parties back home. Not the same as being there, I'm sure, but isn't technology something?
Looks like you made the best out of your first Christmas in Canada! (Thank goodness for technology and friends!)
Your Hannah is such a cutie!
Happy Holidays!
Post a Comment