Hey Everyone!!!
It's officially Christmas Time in Calgary!!!! Well, at least at our house...
Since we've been back from NH, I have been a decorating tornado! Hannah and I have had colds, so rather than going out, we decorated the house for the holidays. It is so nice to have a house to decorate! Last year Craig and I were apart, with him being in Calgary, and me being in Maine, so I didn't do much around the house. In previous years, we decorated, but our condo was so small, we weren't able to do a nice job. So, needless to say, I have several years of decorations and ideas that have been swirling around in my head, waiting for the right moment to escape...and this was the year!!!
Here are some of the decorations I put up. I made bows for the windows downstairs, and used some of the pine garland I had bought years ago.
We were faced with the dilemma of where to hang the stockings, since we don't have a mantle...here's what I came up with...
Not bad, huh??
As for our tree, we always had real ones back in Maine, but decided not to get one this year. With all of the traveling we'll be doing, and the super dry air out here, we caved in and bought a fake tree. People cannot get over how real it looks!!!
Before we put it up, Ella had to give it her stamp of approval...
Once we decided to put it up, we were amazed at how long it took us to finish it...thanks to a little diva named Hannah. I had the picturesque image of Hannah putting on ornaments, while we listened to Christmas Carols on the radio and drank hot cocoa...not so much! Within the first 30 minutes, she had broken the bulb in one of the window candles, decorated the tree with pieces of tissue, and was very upset that we had music on and not one of her TV shows. So, after putting her to bed, we finished the tree...
I made a bunch of ornaments out of fun foam, just in case Hannah got a bit too curious. Thankfully, she hasn't bothered the tree...yet. I am sure that it is a matter of time.
On Saturday night, Craig and I continued getting into the Christmas Spirit, with our first Christmas Party. It was the SYSCO Management Party, at the Fairmont Palliser, and it was amazing!!! We had a four-course meal of Pumpkin Soup, Beet Salad (yes Mom, I ate beets!!!), Steak and Au Gratin Potatoes, and we finished the meal with a Chocolate Mousse Cake with real gold leaf on it! It was so nice to get out for the evening, and it gave Hannah a chance to play with our friend Joanne all night. Randy, SYSCO Calgary's president, was so generous, giving us all bottles of wine and electric, cordless bottle openers. We aren't wine drinkers, but Randy is, so I know it will be good!!!
Yesterday morning, we woke up to blue skies, which quickly turned into snow clouds. It snowed all day long!! They had predicted only a few centimeters, but we ended up with the equivalent of 7 inches or so! We couldn't resist bringing Hannah out for a few minutes, even with her snotty nose.
Here are a few of the photos I took...Jenna and Jesse were outside too, and Mateja was enjoying the snow the most!!!

Last night we ended a cold, snowy day with an amazing meal, prepared by Craig. He made a wonderful pot roast for the three of us, and Jenna and Jesse. I made some chocolate chip cookies, and we hung out for several hours. We have so much fun when they come over, and Hannah adores them!!! After putting the little one to bed, we all went outside to admire the beautiful snow...
So, that's how our week/weekend went. This week's agenda includes, snuggling with my sick little girl, cleaning my germ-infested house, lots of online gift shopping for the folks back home, attempting to finish my homemade gifts, and lots of crafts with Jenna.
Wish me luck on getting everything done!!!
I hope you all have a great week, and I'll write more when I can!
Love,
Sharon

2 comments:
Your tree looks fabulous. I love the photo of Hannah with the lights - she looks like such a busy little bee!
I'm so jealous of all that snow! What a white Christmas! I love your no-mantle solution.
Post a Comment