Hello Everyone!!!
Finally, we had a weekend to get some stuff done around the house...no more business trips, sick kids, rain, etc. It was so beautiful outside!!!! Here's the rundown of the weekend...sorry for all of the photos...
Friday morning, some workmen came by the house and told me that they were going to pull out the foolish posts we have had on our front lawn!!! Yay!!!! Considering they were set in concrete, it was not an easy job...
Before...
It took a crane and a chain to get them out...
I was so excited to see those stupid things gone!!! Unfortunately they left pretty big holes, but we dealt with them...see below...
Friday night, we got a note in our mailbox saying that we had a package waiting for us at the local post office, so we decided to walk to High Street (our little neighborhood downtown), and grab dinner and the package. Of course we also had to stop at Second Cup to get iced coffees and banana loaf for Hannah.
When we got home, Hannah was tired, but seemed intrigued by the package. She was very into looking at Mitch and Olivia's sports cards...
and she loved her new bear!!!!!!
She was a little bummed that I wouldn't let her play with it, so I let her hold it for two seconds so Craig could get a photo.
...and of course we had to have some fun with the camera before bedtime...
Thanks Jon, Eva, Mitch, and Olivia for our package!!! (We'll give you guys a call this week) I can't wait to put up a shelf in Hannah's room for her bear, and the "something" for Craig and I helped take care of almost all of our new flowers and bushes!!! Thanks guys!!!!
So, Saturday it was back to work. Now we had to fill the holes left by the posts. Craig tackled those, while I trimmed all of the front hedges...thank goodness Hannah takes great naps so we can get stuff done outside!!!
There is a job site down the way where they have been trucking out dirt, so Craig took the wagon over to get some to fill the holes.
Little did I know that he would make friends with our neighbor who apparently has a Bobcat...that made things much easier!!!!
So, after working outside for a few hours, we headed off to Depot for some flowers (Hannah loves the Tony Stewart carts they have!!!), and the Craig and Hannah crashed on the couch.
Yesterday was HOT!!!! And of course, our AC had to go on the blink...oh well, we made the most of it, and took Hannah out to play in her pool. She wasn't sure what to make of it at first, but once Craig got in with her, she decided that it was okay...though she refused to sit down. She would only stand and reach into the water.
So, we managed to get a lot done while having fun too. Here are the before and after photos of the front yard..the before one is from when we first bought the house, so it is a month or two old...
Before...
After...
I hope you all had great weekends. Craig is off tomorrow for Canada Day, and we're hoping to treat ourselves and go for a ride or something. I'm sure I'll have some fun photos to post later this week.
Have a great week everyone!!!!
Love,
~Sharon~



1 comments:
Sharon, You have a beautiful home!
Post a Comment