Another great weekend!!!

Monday, April 7, 2008

Hello everyone!!!
(Sorry in advance for all of the photos...I couldn't resist!!)
Well, we had another great weekend!!! Hannah has had several birthday packages arrive, so we have declared April as Hannah month...rather than making her wait until her actual birthday to open all of them.
First to arrive was a package from Jon, Eva, Mitch, and Olivia. They even sent Craig and I some Easter goodies...thanks again guys!!!!
Here are some photos of Hannah opening their gifts...
...and a few of her using her new bath toys!!! She loves the bubbles!!!
We also opened her present from Craig and Kristy...though I don't have any photos of it since she was on the computer camera when she was doing it. Thanks again Craig for bringing your laptop to Nana's! It was a wonderful present for both Hannah and I to see her!!
Hannah decided that the box Craig and Kristy's gift came in made for a great seat while watching Saturday morning cartoons. By the way guys, the clothes are adorable (Kristy, I can tell you picked them out since they are purple!!!) and she loves her DVDs!!!



The next packages to arrive were from my parents and Marc, Christen, Abby, Zachary, Hailey, and Jacob.
Hannah opened her presents from my parents while talking to them over the computer. She loves talking to them...especially my Dad (sorry Mom). As soon as he says "Hi Snugglebug!" her face just lights up!!
Between all of the outfits my Mom and Dad got her, combined with the ones from Christen's family and Craig and Kristy, we are going to have the best dressed kid in Calgary!!!


We were waiting to open the packages from Christen's family until yesterday. We knew that she was getting toys from them, and we wanted her to have something new to play with when Craig and I went out last night. As you can see, she couldn't wait to see what was inside...


She adores her new Little People Farm!! She hasn't stopped playing with it since we opened it!!! She was busy last night showing Joanne, her sitter, how all of the stalls opened and made noise.
Thanks everyone for the amazing gifts!!! You all went way over the top, and Hannah, Craig and I really appreciate it!!!!!
On a different note, Craig and I went out last night for the first time since we've been in Calgary. Naturally I had some concerns about leaving Hannah with someone who isn't family, but we asked Joanne, a woman who works at SYSCO to come over to watch Hannah. Joanne is great and Hannah really took a liking to her. I knew that she would be in good hands.
So, where did we go??? To the JUNOS!!!!!!! The Junos are the Canadian version of the Grammys. Craig found out on Friday afternoon that there were some tickets available in the SYSCO Corporate Box, and we decided that it was time for the two of us to get out for a night out.
We had such an amazing time! I bought a new dress to wear and Craig got all decked out in a suit. I can't remember the last time we got all dressed up like that. The box had a slightly obstructed view because of the TV lights, etc. but it was still great. We were on the side of the stage so got to see the stage and everything going on backstage. The only real drawback was that we couldn't see the podium that they used for the awards, but it wasn't a big deal. The biggest difference between the Grammys and the Junos is that the Junos are all about the music, and not award after award. They only handed out a few awards (everything else was done before hand), and the show was mostly performances.
Here are some of the photos that I took (we could have cameras, but no flash):

Here's our view of the whole stadium-the stage is on the left. It looks like we were much higher than we really were.
The opening act was a collaboration of some of the country singers singing "Alberta Bound". One of the singers was Paul Brandt...he sang the song my sister and Marc danced to at their wedding. I couldn't resist getting a photo...even if it is of the screen. I was so mad when he put his head down as the camera clicked!
Here is Feist getting up to receive an award...for those of you who don't know Feist, she is from Calgary and sings the "1,2,3,4" song that is on one of the Mac commercials in the States.
Nelly Furtado was sitting in the section of seats I couldn't see very well, so I had to get her photo when they showed her on the screen.
I am not a huge Avril Lavigne fan, but she did a great job singing "Girlfriend". I couldn't believe how small she is!!!


Here is Finger Eleven performing...they were amazing!!! They sang "Paralyzer".
During one of the commercial breaks, the Barenaked Ladies went into the stands where the celebrities were sitting and started doing parodies of their hit songs. Here they are singing and playing accordion to Nelly Furtado (I forgot which song)...she is in the middle with her head down in the white coat. I wish they had done more...they were hilarious!!!!
Here is Hedley on stage. The lead singer of Hedley (playing piano) was the 3rd place winner in 2004's Canadian Idol...he is AWESOME!!!!!! I don't know if he is popular in the States yet...if not, you need to check his band out!!!

This is Jully Black on stage. She ended the show. Again, I don't know if she is big in the States yet, but she is worth looking into. Her song "Seven Day Fool" is really good.
We also saw Michael Buble perform...I have a video of his whole performance. He was great! Feist also sang, but the photos I took aren't that good. There were a few other singers, but the ones I posted are some of my favorites.
All in all, it was a wonderful night out. Joanne said that Hannah was great all night, and went right to bed for her. We knew things must have gone well, since Hannah nearly finished her bedtime bottle...that's always a good sign!!!
Well, I better get going. Hannah is napping and I need a shower. I hope you all have a great week!! Craig's parents are flying up on Thursday, so I am sure I'll have lots of birthday and day trip photos to share!!!!
Miss you all!!!
~Sharon~

0 comments:

 
◄ Design by Pocket