We're making progress!

Friday, May 14, 2010

Hello All!
I just wanted to write a quick update before I head over to the hospital this morning.  Hannah is doing really well.  We got her out of bed yesterday, and they removed her primary chest tube, so I think she is starting to feel a bit more human again.  She is still mad at Craig and I for putting her through all of this, so that has made life a bit interesting. 

As for her medical situation, she has a partially collapsed lung that is preventing her from being sent to the cardiac unit.  She also has low (and dropping) potassium, so after begging her to eat a banana and her stubbornness getting in the way, she ended up having to have her IV hooked back up.

Her heart looks great, and though she is still attached to the external pacemaker, she is not using it at all.  She just needs to get her O2 up, and that will happen once her lung heals.

I think those are the main updates...I'll write more when I can.  We can't get internet access at the hospital, just my phone, so I haven't been able to type as much as I'd like.  My apologies!!!

Have a great day!!!

Love,
Sharon

1 comments:

koko said...

I'm so happy to hear the good news. Come on lung, HEAL!!! xoxo

 
◄ Design by Pocket