I'm a slacker, I know...

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Hello All-


Wow, I have been awful about posting! So much has been going on…we’ve been so busy!!

Last week Craig was in Ontario for several days. Hannah and I made the most of Mommy/Hannah time, and we did lots of activities. Despite the snow and rain, we had our friends Cara and Baby Jack over to play, I took her to meet some of my knitting buddies, we ran lots of errands, and her favorite was going to the grocery store and not having to sit in the cart. Our original plan was to get out and play in the garden a bit, but that only happened one of the days. Oh well…

Before his trip east, Craig and our friend Matt worked super hard out back and they put our new fence in!! We had a temporary one in for the past year and a half or so, but it didn’t have a gate, and our garden was becoming much more of a bunny/neighborhood cat hangout, than a yard. So, the boys put up chain link fence…they also boxed in where our new veggie garden is, so I can be working on that and Hannah can help me!! Our yard is really coming along, and the fence made a huge difference!! I’ll post photos when I can.

Let’s see, what else is going on? Oh yeah, one week from today we are headed to Edmonton. I haven’t posted about this, since I have been trying to come to terms with it in my own head. I don’t know why, but the other times, when things were postponed, I didn’t really “deal” with the news…this time, now that it is really happening, I am having a tough time. I keep reminding myself that this is the light at the end of a long tunnel, but it is still so hard. Knowing that my baby will be going through the pain and trauma of open heart surgery and recovery, is so hard to swallow. I am also scared to death about the recovery process. Hannah is so strong willed that I don’t know how I will keep her still and quiet during this time. She also has no problem when it comes to showing pain (she’s a bit of a drama queen at times), and hearing her cry and fuss in pain is not something that I am looking forward to.

Well, I need to cut this short…she’s supposed to be napping upstairs and she just made a thud. She’s still in bed (she likes to roll out…cuz she thinks it is fun), but she doesn’t appear to have done that this time. In any case, I should go check on her.

So, mark your calendars for May 11th. That’s the actual date of surgery. She has pre-op first thing on the 10th, so we’ll be headed North on Sunday the 9th. Craig’s parents are flying in to Edmonton that day too.

I’ll post updates when I can, and in the meantime, please keep our little diva in your thoughts…

Love,

Sharon

1 comments:

Teresa said...

Hey there!
We had a great visit with Peg and Dick on Sunday. They came here for dinner. They filled us in on the plans to be in Edmonton next week. We are gathering our prayer angels (AKA the NHRC prayer chain) and will be praying for strength and peace for you and Craig as well as fast healing for your diva. God bless her! Peg gave me a pic to share at church... What a cutie!

 
◄ Design by Pocket