The plants are watered, the bills have been paid, the iPod is full, the clothes are labeled, the coloring books are picked out…are we ready…nope.
Well, tomorrow is the day we head to Edmonton. I haven’t packed a single item of clothing yet, and I think it is my body’s way of being in denial. Craig hasn’t packed either, but that’s no surprise…he always waits until the last minute!! I think I got all of the clothes we need washed this week, so that’s a step in the right direction, right??
Hannah is starting to figure out that something is going to happen this week. She has been uber clingy and very emotional. We’re doing all we can to be honest with her, while also trying to distract her a bit. Last night she and I went to Michaels to buy yarn for the blanket I’ll be working on for her while we’re in the hospital, and of course we had to get a few new coloring books. I think right now she does best when she thinks she is in control of the situation.
Today’s agenda is filled to the brim. Craig and Hannah are making breakfast right now, and then we have to finish getting the house ready for us being gone for so long. Tomorrow, we get up early and head North. Hopefully we’ll be in Edmonton in time to pick Craig’s parents up at the airport, and then we’re hoping to check into the hotel and then go over to the West Edmonton Mall for some fun. The Mall is slightly smaller than the Mall of America, but it has all of the amusement park stuff…aka lots of distractions. Monday morning we have to be at the hospital at 7 AM for pre-op testing…oh joy! That means lots of poking, prodding, and sitting around. Thankfully I now have my iPhone, so we may be watching a lot of YouTube videos. Then before we leave on Monday, they’ll give us our surgery time. It will likely be first thing in the morning. That would be the best case scenario for us…Hannah can’t have food or drink for hours before, so having her sleep through that time is so much easier.
So, that’s our weekend/week. Craig’s parents will be up with us until the 16th, and then friends of ours from here in Calgary are coming up to keep us company for a few days. We are so blessed to have such supportive family and friends!!! Thank you all!!!
I will do my best to update the blog and my Facebook page as much as I can. For the family, please feel free to share news with each other. There is no way we can call everyone, so having little phone trees within each branch of the family will help us out. I will have email access in the hospital, but when Hannah is in the PICU after surgery, we won’t be able to have our phones on, so I’ll be checking it sporadically. So, if you don’t hear right back, don’t be offended.
Thanks again everyone!!
God Bless,
Sharon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment