A Little of This...and a Little of That

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Ahhh…the much anticipated update. Get ready; this is bound to be a long post!!


On the surgery front, we still don’t have a date. Hannah still has a case of the sniffles, so we’ve been holding off on calling the hospital. I am starting to wonder if she has a cold or allergies, as she only has a runny nose and tis the season for environmental allergies. If there is no change by Monday, I’ll call the hospital and see what they think. Craig and I are feeling better, so at least that’s a step in the right direction.

Now for potty training. A few weeks ago, Hannah came home from a day out and said, “I don’t want to peepee in my diaper anymore.” WHAT?!?! Works for me!!! She still alternates between big girl underpants aka training pants, and Pull-ups, but has been 99% dry and accident free since! She’s even gone a few nights being dry, and has woken me up several nights to take her to the potty, or to tell me that she has just gone. Though we may take a few steps back after her surgery, I think we’re on the road to being diaper free!!!

As for the family, we’ve been staying busy. We’ve had some nice weather lately, so we’ve been trying to make the most of it. We’ve been going on more and more walks (sometimes just Hannah and I during the day, but we are getting out after dinner too with Craig), and on Sunday we got the backyard ready for spring. Hannah was being a Diva and spent most of the day playing and napping in her room, but I must say, it allowed Craig and I the ability to get much more done!! I weeded out the back garden, Craig raked the lawn, the composter has been turned, veggie gardens are being planned, and the Diva had a clean playset and playhouse when she decided to be human and join us.

While cleaning out the garden, look what I found!!!  Green stuff!!!  These are my chives making their 2nd yearly debut.  When I was raking out around them, I could already smell their yumminess!!!  I cannot wait until I can harvest some of it.

I also found these mystery sprouts coming up. I know that they are bulbs of some sort, but I cannot remember what. I am quite sure that they are my daylilies, now that I think about it, but we’ll see in a few weeks.




Also sprouting is my catmint plant, and our cherry tree is loaded with buds…I hope we get a crop of cherries this year…yummy!!!!


Our front yard is still a mess, but with the lack of sun that gets out there, it is usually a few weeks behind the south-facing back yard. Raking out the flower bed and cleaning things up will be on the To Do list in a few weeks. Oh, and did I mention that it was spitting snow when I took these photos?? Thankfully it was in the 60’s when we were working outside this past weekend!!!

As for everything else, we are getting ready for Hannah’s 3rd birthday and Easter. I think we’re going to have a small party for her actual birthday (us and a few friends), and a larger one this summer once she has healed up. We’ve asked a few friends to come over for Easter dinner, so I think we’ll celebrate her birthday then.


Well, I’m off to put the key lime pie I baked this afternoon in the fridge to chill, and then I might try to get some knitting done while the Diva naps.

I hope you are all well.

Cheers!

Sharon

0 comments:

 
◄ Design by Pocket ►