A Growth Spurt

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hey Everyone!

Well, first and foremost, I’d love to give you all an update on Hannah’s surgery, but I can’t. I left a message at the hospital on Monday telling them that we’re ready for a new date, but they haven’t called me back yet. This is a short week for people up here, with the holiday on Friday, so I am thinking that our case worker’s schedule might be altered because of it. I promise that as soon as I hear, I’ll let everyone know.

So, to pass the time, Hannah and I decided to start some seeds and get our garden planned out. Craig has been reading up on Square Foot Gardening, so when Hannah and I planted things, we used restraint and didn’t plant an entire packet of each kind of seed.

Can I just say how AMAZED I am at how fast these foolish things are growing?!? We planted green onions, bush tomatoes, and oregano on Friday, March 26th, and within two days we had sprouts! As if that wasn’t enough, look at how much they grew in one day!!

This was our one and only sprout yesterday...
...and look at all of the green today!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When looking back at photos from last year’s seeds, I realized that onions and tomatoes aren’t the only things growing around here. Check out these photos of Hannah planting. The older one was taken the last week of February 2009, and the newer one was taken the last week of March 2010.



What a difference a year makes!!! I still cannot believe that Hannah will be three in a week!!!


Well, I’m off to work on Hannah’s Birthday Sweater. I hope you are all well and that you all have a wonderful Easter!!

Cheers!

Sharon

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, she does look so grown up now! It's crazy how fast these little ones grow.

You have such a green thumb Sharon. I, unfortunately, kill plants as soon as I even look at them. lol Great job on getting your garden started.

 
◄ Design by Pocket