Our Fall Holiday in New England...and My Brother's Wedding

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hey Everyone!!
So, we're back from our Fall Holiday in New England, and my brother is now a married man! What a week!!! I took LOTS of photos (big surprise), so I apologize that it has taken me so long to post them...it took a while to go through all of them first. I still have some on my camera too!!!
So, we flew in to Montreal on the 2nd and then drove down to NH. The plane ride wasn't too bad, and Hannah was pretty good for the drive. As good as an 18 month old can be considering that she was in her car seat for 9 hours or so!
Then on the 3rd, we had the wedding rehearsal and dinner. Hannah freaked out through part of the rehearsal, but snapped out of her funk once we got to the dinner and she could run around.
Here's one of the family photos that was taken that night. What a clan, huh??
Then Saturday was the big day! Mom, Christen, Abby, Abby and I went and got our hair and makeup done in the morning, and the boys had to track down Craig's tux. Apparently the rental place forgot to order one for him...oops! All ended well, and my hubby was looking good in his penguin suit!
Abby and Hailey were amazing flower girls!!! They had fun watching Kristy get her photos taken outside.
Mr and Mrs Smith

I love this photo of the three of us! Abby took it!!!

Of course we needed a photo of the three of us with Pepere.

Hannah was the center of attention. She danced the night away...
First with Papa...
Then Abby...

The Happy Couple

At some point in the night, someone decided that it would be funny to have some of my friends pick me up for a photo...we had a good time with it! Unfortunately, Craig had already left to put Hannah to bed...grrrrr...

Then after the wedding, we went to my brother's house to "decorate" his front lawn. It is a family tradition...our friends Brian and Allisen came with us to help.
We spent the next few days at my parent's house before heading off to Maine to see Craig's family.
We have apparently started a tradition of taking photos of Hannah with "stuff" on her head. We now have photos of her with a paper bag on her head, this Dr. Pepper box, and you'll see further down, a photo of her with a bowl on her head. She thinks it is hilarious!!
On Monday night, we headed up to Maine and Hannah was greeted by her cousins...yup, that's my kid doing her best Homer Simpson pose. Thankfully she didn't shove her hand down her pants too...
...and here's the buckethead photo!
We spent lots of time outside. The trees were beautiful, and I wanted to play around with the camera that Craig's Dad gave me. (Thanks again Dick!!!) Hannah was all about playing around the flagpole...
And she loved the chimes...



Peg and Dick bought a horse for the kids to play with...Hannah was a fan. Though she didn't listen to us and fell off it right after this photo was taken...oh well, in true Hannah style, she got right back on!
No trip home is complete without a visit to Portland Head Light...so off we went!!!

We were trying really hard to recreate a photo we took last summer at PHL, and it didn't come out quite how we planned. Hannah refused to look at the camera, and Craig and I were getting really tired of trying to get her to look. (and the sun was right in our eyes!!)
We also went for a ride around to look at Portland Harbor and the trees. We don't get anything but yellow and green here in Calgary, so it was nice to see the foliage again.
Craig was happy that his parents treated him to lobster that night...I of course had a steak!

One of the last days we were in Maine, we decided to attempt at getting a good photo of Hannah outside. I am so happy with the results!!!!!
...and she was loving the leaves!!!

So, that's the summary of our trip. The night before we flew home, we stayed in Montreal and had a hellish night! The power went out, Hannah was cranky, and we were burning up in our room! Needless to say, though we miss our family and friends, we are happy to be back in our home and our beds!!!!
I do have more photos to post...some of us having dinner with Fred and Holly, and our trip to LL Bean. I'll post those later. Right now, I have to get cleaned up for Hannah's doctor appointment this afternoon. I'll be sure to post how that goes too!
Have a great week and Happy Belated Canadian Thanksgiving!!!!
Love,
Sharon

2 comments:

Katie Jones said...

Looks like you guys had a great time- and you got some great pictures!

Kelly Miller said...

So many photos! I loved the one of Hannah by the flag pole. The lighting and her facial expression are perfect. It sounds like y'all had a full vacation!

 
◄ Design by Pocket ►