My Special Mother's Day

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Hello Everyone!!


I had such a wonderful Mother's Day Weekend, that I wanted to share it with everyone...well, at least those who read my blog...heehee!!!


On Friday, Craig brought home my early Mother's Day present...a new bike!!! We had been talking about needing to find an outdoor hobby that we could do as a family, and we thought biking would be a good fit. Calgary is loaded with bike paths, so we have lots of options for different scenery. Craig got me all accessorized too...helmet and all. We bought one for Hannah too, but so far she hasn't let us put it on her!!
Here's my new bike...
Then we went out Friday night to get Part Two of my Mother's Day present...a bike trailer for Hannah! These trailers are super popular up here...it seems like everyone (whether they bike or not) has one. Some of the nice features are that it converts to a stroller, holds either up to an 80 lb child (or two 40 pounders), has seat belts built in, and has a storage compartment in the back. So far, Craig has been pulling Hannah, while I get used to being on a bike again. I think the last time I rode a bike was 10 years ago or so!!!
We went for a test run on Friday, and Hannah really seemed to like being towed. We give her her blankie, a few soft toys, and she is in heaven!!!
So, yesterday, after cleaning the house for a showing (don't even get me started on that!!!!!), we headed over to the McKenzie Lake Community Garage Sale. One of Craig's co-workers had a friend who was having one of the garage sales (the whole neighborhood participates), and they wanted us to stop over. We met a bunch of great new people, while munching on pizza and having lots of fun! Hannah took very well to everyone, and she was really happy when Gail (Craig's co-worker) made her scrambled eggs and beans for lunch. It was so nice to get outdoors for the day, while making lots of new friends!!!
Then today, Hannah gave me the best present...she slept in!!! (Don't worry, it wasn't 100% great...she was up last night crying in her sleep, and wouldn't stop until she finally fell asleep on my chest) Craig and I made a pancake breakfast, and we ate while talking to my parents on the computer camera. After Hannah's nap, we headed out for a bike ride...a two hour plus bike ride!!! We rode over to our new house, and around the neighborhood. On the way home, we stopped for cold drinks and some carrot bread for Hannah. The day rounded out with Hannah napping, me working on some crafts, and a trip to the grocery store. All in all, it was a wonderful weekend!!
I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family, and other than spending it with my own Mom in person, I couldn't have asked for a better day!
Have a great week!!
Love,
~Sharon~

0 comments:

 
◄ Design by Pocket