A quick update

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Wow...the summer is flying by!!! It seems like every time I think to write a post on here, Hannah is tugging at me to play dress up, go outside, or make her a snack. It never ends!!!

Things are going really well. We had a cardiology appointment yesterday, and they are really happy with Hannah's progress. The depression that she had post-op seems to be gone, and it has been replaced by an insane amount of energy!! I cannot keep up with her anymore!!!

As for her actual health, she has gained 2+ pounds since surgery. She is finally at the 10th percentile...she has NEVER been at the 10th percentile before! Her height is in the 50th, so she is a string bean. Her O2 sats have been climbing as well. At last months appointment, she was at 81-82%...yesterday she was at 85-86%! They predict that once her fenestration is closed, she'll easily be in the 90s. The only thing that has been a bit tricky for us is getting her clotting meds under control. She will go a few weeks at the perfect level (between 2 and 3), and then drop down to 1.5. Yesterday she was 2.1, so they are happy with that, we just have to go back next week to make sure that they stay up.

All in all, we couldn't ask for a better result. We are so pleased with how well she is doing, and though it was hard to go through, we feel so blessed.

In other news, Hannah has been potty training and doing awesome! She went a full week with no accidents and staying dry at night!!! She slipped back a bit this weekend, but it was 100% for attention. Apparently Daddy wasn't mowing the lawn fast enough, and our little Diva decided that pooping in her pants would be a good way to get his attention. WRONG!! She learned a lesson real quick in good attention and bad attention. I'm crossing my fingers that we don't have to have that chat again with her.

Let's see, what else??  Oh yeah, Craig got a promotion!!  He is now the Vice President of Operations at Sysco!!!  I am so proud of him!  It wasn't long ago that he was working nights and we were praying that there would be an end in sight.  He now has 250 employees and is becoming known as a problem solver for the company!  It seems like he and I have never traveled down the easy road for things, but there is always a pay off in the end for our patience.  I guess that goes for both Hannah's health and his job.  Good things come to those who wait, right??

As for me, I am knitting away.  I have been making baby items like crazy for all of my friends, and I am finally taking some time to make myself a sweater.  It is my first adult sweater, and I am quite pleased with how it looks so far.  I am crossing my fingers that I can get it done before our trip home next month.

Oh yeah, we're New England bound in 18 days!!!!!  Craig got two weeks off this summer, so we're headed east.  We cannot wait.  It will be so nice to see our family and friends, and Hannah cannot wait to go to the beach!  Every day she asks me questions about Maine and NH...she was too young to remember going home a few years ago during the summer, and every time we've been home since, it has been at Christmas, so all she thinks of is snow.  Based on the scorching temps they've been having back home, I'm thinking that snow won't be much of an issue during this trip. 

Well, I'm off to work on my sweater.  When I get a free minute I'll post some photos.  I have a bunch from Stampede, our garden, and lots of other summer adventures.

Cheers!
Sharon

0 comments:

 
◄ Design by Pocket