So much to catch up on...

Monday, November 30, 2009

Hey Everyone!
Wow...the past few weeks have flown by!!! We've been super busy, and unfortunately, I don't think things will be slowing down for a while. While I have a few minutes, I want to catch you all up on what we've been up to this past week...
A week ago Sunday, Craig had to fly to Toronto for a week-long training session for work. In conversation a few months ago, my friend Cassandra mentioned that she really wasn't sure what she was doing for Thanksgiving. One thing led to another, and she decided to fly up to hang out with Hannah and I!! Cassandra and I hasn't seen each other in 12 years, so it was so awesome catching up! While she was in town, we went out to the mountains, walked around Downtown, shopped a bit, and went to a Flames Game. All in all, we had a great time...at least I know that Hannah and I did!!
I am so bummed that I didn't take more photos...I can't wait to see the ones that Cassandra took...she is such a talented photographer!!
Here are a few I took when we went up in the Calgary Tower.
Hannah hates posing for me, but was all about modeling for Cassandra!!
Checking out the street below...

Hannah was originally looking at me, but someone walked by and grabbed her attention...oh well.


Friday was a bittersweet day for Hannah and I. First thing in the morning, we (well, I...Hannah was still sleeping) saw Cassandra off, but we also welcomed Craig home!!! We had a bit of snow on Friday and the roads became quite slick, but everyone arrived to their own homes...safe and sound!
Saturday, Craig wanted to get out of the house. Yesterday Calgary hosted the Grey Cup, the Canadian Football League's version of the Superbowl. While Downtown on Wednesday, we watched the workers setting up all of the festival "stuff", and we decided to get out and participate a bit ourselves. So, Saturday night we hit the town and went to the Light Festival.



It was such a beautiful night for the party! Hannah was all excited to tell Craig about how we went up in the Tower and she was even more excited to see that her friend "Luna" was out too!!



They had a few street performers out...this woman was eating fire! Hannah wasn't quite sure what to make of it...


One of the really cool things they had was a touch screen that you could draw on...



...and your drawings were projected up on one of the Downtown buildings!!!
It's a bit hard to see because of the windows, but the Orange letters spell out Hannah's name, and the purple and green squiggles are Hannah's creation.



My artists!




Mommy had to get in front of the camera for at least one photo.



All of the buildings had colorful lights shining on them, and there was music everywhere! Hannah thought the people cheering for their favorite teams was pretty cool. Most of the fans were cheering for the Sask. RoughRiders...too bad they lost to Montreal.

This was one of my favorite displays...it was a giant snowflake suspended over Stephen Avenue.


While Downtown, we had to do a bit of window shopping. Hannah loved all of the displays...I thought this was a cute photo op, since the window says, "A Canadian Christmas"...pretty appropriate, don't you think??


Sunday we decided to put up our Christmas tree. With our trip to Edmonton this week, and then our trip home for Christmas, we wanted to put the tree up early so Hannah had time to enjoy it. With all of the traveling that we do around the holidays, we decided last year to get a fake tree...it's so much safer!
In the morning we put the actual tree together...then Hannah requested colored lights instead of clear ones. We gave in and were off to Canadian Tire!

I actually got Hannah to pose for me!!! She was so proud of the lights!!!
We really thought she was figuring out the whole ornament thing, until we discovered that she was putting all of the ornaments we were giving her one the same branch!!! Oh well...she was having fun!




We tried having her put the angel on the tree, but it is a bit tricky and you have to lean in quite a bit...so she helped me fix the angel's dress and then admired her work.
Happy Holidays!!!
So, as if that isn't enough of an update, Hannah had a big week developmentally...she started reading!!! She's not into full novels...yet! Instead, she began sounding out three letter words. it became a game with Cassandra and she was so proud of herself that she kept doing it!! I took a few videos that I still have to download. We are so proud of her progress!!!
Now on to this week...early tomorrow morning, we are headed to Edmonton. Hannah has to have her Cardiac Catheter done. I think we're all in a bit of denial, considering that Hannah hasn't had to spend any time in the hospital since she was 5 1/2 months old. Personally, I am not looking forward to the 3 hour drive to get there! Tomorrow Hannah has testing, Wednesday is her procedure, and Thursday we head home. Hopefully the whole thing will only involve one night in the hospital. Please keep Hannah in your thoughts, and I'll be sure to post an update as soon as I can.
Well, on that note, I have a bit more computer "stuff" to get caught up on and then I have to start packing.
Have a wonderful week everyone!!!
Cheers!
Sharon

2 comments:

Kelly Miller said...

Look how long her hair has gotten! Also, Bella did the same thing w/ putting all the ornaments on one branch. So cute that she and Hannah have that in common. :)

I'll definitely keep Hannah in our prayers. I'm sure she'll handle it all like a trooper.

Prairie Girl said...

First of all - love your header pic! Did you take it?

Second - I can't believe how much braver Hannah is than me; that glass floor at the tower terrifies me!!

Third - I will most certainly be praying for her (and you!) in the next few days!

We still need to get together for a playdate. Maybe Hannah can start teaching my Toddler how to read (that's unbelievable!!)

 
◄ Design by Pocket