Product Evaluation...Book Sox

Friday, November 13, 2009

Hey Everyone!!
A while back I signed up with the Parent Tested Parent Approved folks to be an evaluator. Their group offers product reviews by real parents! They also post a list of their "winners" in various categories. If you haven't checked out their site, you should...they have some awesome products listed, and some very helpful evaluations!!!
So, about two weeks ago, I was contacted to evaluate my first product!!! Woohoo!!! The best part of being an evaluator...you get to keep the product afterwards! How cool is that?? I wish I lived in the Toronto area, because they have a lot of really cool larger items to evaluate, but they need to be picked up at their office...boo!!!
Anyways, the product that they sent me was the Book Sox. At first I was skeptical since I don't have a school-aged child that could test it out properly. But, I figured I could still give it a good work-out just the same. This product is really cool...it is a nylon type cover for school books. The one they sent me was a 3-D cover...and it even came with 3-D glasses!!! I ended up trying it on both a smaller book that I have been reading (to see if it would work on smaller than suggested books), as well as a knitting book that was the proper size. I thought that the knitting book would give it a run for it's money, since you never know what needles, scissors, etc are poking around inside my knitting bag. Well, I must say, it held up great!
My only concern about this product is the fact that it doesn't have any washing instructions on either the packaging or the product itself. I went online and found that it is machine washable...i just wish I didn't have to search to find that out. I really think that these covers would last multiple school years, so wash-ability is crucial!
The Book Sox retail for $2.25 to $3.75 and they come in solid colors, prints, scented, 3-D, extreme patterns, and even a heat version that reminds me of the old Hyper-Color T-shirts!
I highly recommend these covers to anyone who has school aged children...or even adults who have books that get banged around a lot. The variety, reus-ability, and cost make them a great alternative to the old days of covering your books with paper grocery bags!!!
So, that's my two cents (I also had to answer a bunch of questions about the product on the PTPA site)...I can't wait to get another product from them...this was so much fun!!!!
Have a great weekend!!!
Cheers!
Sharon

0 comments:

 
◄ Design by Pocket