A Bittersweet Day

Friday, July 31, 2009

Hello All-

First of all, thanks for bearing with me on the whole layout thing...I am still not 100% happy with the design, and Craig would prefer something more "Western", so we're still a work in progress.

So, today is a bittersweet day for me. On the plus side, today marks Craig and my 11 year dating anniversary! I know, I know, who celebrates their dating anniversary when they've been married for almost 8 years...well...WE DO! I planted a big one on Craig in the front seat of the "Hoopdie" SYSCO truck outside my parent's house. And the rest is history. Oh, what is a "Hoopdie"? It was a beater truck that Craig used to use to make deliveries and visit me in NH. I have some photos around here someplace of it...someday I'll scan one and post it.

Also on the happy side of things, it was 3 years ago tomorrow that we found out we were pregnant with Hannah!

Now for the bittersweet side of things. Today would have been my Memere's 76th birthday. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her and imagine what she'd think of how I "turned out". Goodness knows, Memere was always so outspoken that she would be sure to tell me what she thought!!! Every time I pick up my knitting needles or press the pedal on my sewing machine (that was hers), I think of both she and my Memere Dubois and how they, along with my Mom, taught me to appreciate handmade items. It saddens me that Hannah never got to meet her, though I still find so much irony in the fact that we found out we were pregnant the day after her birthday. There is no doubt that she had something to do with that little pink line!!! We even chose Hannah's middle name partially for Memere. Rose was also Memere's middle name (as well as the name of Craig's Great Aunt).

Anyways, before I get too sad and depressing, I just want to wish Memere a Happy Birthday...Miss you!!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Love,

Sharon

0 comments:

 
◄ Design by Pocket ►