Hello All!!
Sorry I haven't written much lately...we've been so busy!!!! First of all, the auction was a huge success...thank you to everyone who checked out the items and bid...and a bigger thank you to those who bought items and donated to the charity!!! It means a lot to me!!!
The day after the auction ended, our second laptop died. So yes, that makes two laptops in the Giles Family Computer Graveyard! One of my friends is trying to salvage them, so needless to say my computer time is limited. I do still have email and Facebook access on my Blackberry, so if anyone needs me, those are the two best ways to reach me...other than by phone.
Let's see, what else have we been up to? Hannah has decided that it is time to start potty training. We had tried a little while back, and though she went on the potty, she quickly decided that it wasn't time to go full blown. Well, I am happy to say that she is doing great!!! She is wearing big girl undies for several hours each day, and so far has only had a few minor accidents. She has also been staying dry during her naps, and is starting to tell me when she has to go. We aren't rushing the process, but she is taking to things very well this time around!!
On the home front, we have had a fair amount of construction going on. Last month our warranty inspection revealed that there were some issues with how they built our home. All winter we had problems with our back door, and after months of the builder pointing the finger at us (the humidity levels were apparently too high in the house, even though we had them set properly on the humidistat), it was discovered that they "forgot" to put a cold-air return on the main floor. This was causing the humidity to be all out of whack, as well as the temperature between the two floors. So, last week they removed our warped door and they are still working on that this week, and any day now they are going to be putting in the cold-air return. I am not looking forward to the mess they will make, though I want it done and over with since Craig's parents are going to be here in the 9th.
As for Craig and I, we're chugging along. We have gotten back into riding our bikes, and we are really enjoying spending time outside. We also "think" we have gotten our gardens to the point that we are happy with them, though we do have some thinning to do out front once our lilacs stop blooming. We are super excited that the lilacs and rose bushes that came with the house actually bloomed this year!!! We have also planted an Evans Cherry tree out back and a Weeping Crab Apple tree out front. This place is finally starting to look lived in!!! I cannot wait until our veggies are done growing, so I can eat the rewards!!! Right now for veggies/herbs, we have cabbage, cauliflower, onions, chives, parsley, red tomatoes, yellow tomatoes, zucchini, pole beans, and pumpkin seeds about to sprout.
Well, I better end this now...Hannah has her last music class for the season today, and we need to get ready for that. We have a busy week ahead of us too...knitting night with the girls for me tonight, Craig and I were invited to a charity rodeo tomorrow night, Craig has softball on Wednesday night, Farmer's Market on Thursday night, and I need to get the house in order for when Craig's parents come next week...
Have a great week everyone!!!!
Love,
Sharon

0 comments:
Post a Comment