Hey Everyone!!!
As promised, here are some of the photos from our vacation back east. I took a lot of photos, so sifting through them all wasn't easy...here are some of the highlights...
We flew into Manchester on Friday night...our flight was delayed, and we therefore missed our connection, so we were all pretty wiped out by day's end. My Mom, Christen, and Jacob arrived a few hours after us...they had as crazy of a time flying as we did!!
Saturday was a resting day for all of us. My Dad was the only one without jet lag, although you wouldn't think my Mother had any either...she was up at the crack of dawn as usual. That night, my Pepere, Aunt Lil, Craig, and Kristy all came over to say hello...
Hannah with Aunt Lil...
Sunday was Party Day!! My Grandmother turned 90 on the 5th, so we all got together for a surprise party. She had no idea!!! Before we went to the party, we stopped at Christen's house to play with the kids and meet Jacob.
Hannah and Jacob seemed to hit it off well. Considering that she isn't around other children very often, and he had only been in the States for a day, I think it went very well.
Hailey and Craig decided to give Hannah a walking lesson before we left...it worked! She was running by the time we headed back to Calgary!!!
Nana's party was lot of fun. It was a bit crazy with all five of her grandchildren and all seven great-grandchildren in one room, but well worth it. I can't remember the last time we were all together like that...
Here's Nana, Hannah and I...
Monday we hung out and did some shopping and spent some time with my Mom. We finshed the day off with some yummy Chinese food!!!!
Tuesday morning we headed up to Maine to see Craig's family. Melissa and the kids stopped by to say hello...
Wednesday we went shopping...I was having Carter's withdrawals, and Craig wanted to get some stuff at LL Bean. That night, Jon, Eva, Mitch and Olivia came over. I finally thought to get out the camera just before Hannah was headed to bed...so, needless to say, getting her to sit still for a photo was quite a task!
Thursday was visit day...we went over to UNE to see my old co-workers, and then made a stop at SYSCO. Hannah missed both of her naps, but held up like a trooper!!!
We also spent a fair amount of Thursday hanging out with Pat and the kids. Melissa joined us later in the evening, and we all had dinner together.
Friday we went out to lunch with Fred. Afterwards, we stopped in to see his Mom at work, which is also my old OB/GYN office. Dr. Gotschlich and his nurse Cathy were both in, so we visited with them for a little bit. Hannah was again nap deprived, so we headed back to Craig's parent's house and bunked there one more night before heading back to NH.
Saturday was Kristy's wedding shower. Hannah wasn't too excited about the crowd of people, so after saying her hellos to the family, she retreated to the basement with her Dada, Uncle Craig and Papa.
Knowing that Sunday was going to be insane, we spent the night hanging out at my parent's house. Pepere and Aunt Lil stopped by to say their goodbyes, and Hannah made the most of her last night with Papa...
Sunday's flight went pretty well. Hannah tried sleeping through it, though thanks to some loud flight attendants, she was awake for most of the flight. She did manage to squeeze in some light reading as well...
Sorry for the play-by-play of the the trip...it is just easier to remember what we did if I go day-by-day. We had a great time, though we are still trying to get back into our routines. Hannah slept 16 1/2 hours her first night back...I don't know if she was that exhausted, or if she was just that happy to be back in her own crib. I know I sure missed my bed!!
Thanks to everyone who made time to see us...for those who we didn't get to connect with, we'll be back in New England in early October for Craig and Kristy's wedding.
Have a great week!!!!
Love,
Sharon

5 comments:
I'm so jealous of Grammie Giles' porch! It's beautiful! Also, how cute is Hannah reading Business Week???
Wow! You sure had a jam packed vacation!! Sounds like it was lovely though!
LOVE the pic of Hannah reading the paper/magazine as well!!
Beautiful baby girl. You are so blessed. I didn't see a McCain t- shirt. a little disappointed.:)
BD
Thanks for your comment - I was a little perturbed by that thread bc it seemed ripe for LOOK HOW MUCH SMARTER MY KID IS THAN YOURS, so my first post was very blase - but then I felt this weird pressure. But I do like the little round up ... it'll be good when I can't remember those things to have this list to look back on. I know our babies are perfect - just how they are!
Stop by my blog and pick up your award when you have a chance!
Post a Comment