It's official...she's three!!!

Friday, April 9, 2010

Well, technically it isn't official...not until tonight.  Goodness knows that our little Diva took her sweet time coming out!!

Hannah has been enjoying her "Birthday Week" to its fullest!!  Things started Sunday when she opened gifts while talking to Gram on the computer.  Thank Goodness for Skype!!! 

We had friends over for Easter dinner, and Hannah loved the attention that she got from them!!  Matt and Michelle spoil her rotten!!  She even sweet talked Matt into dressing up his hair with bows...I promised I wouldn't show the photos, so I'll key word.  I promise though...they are really funny!!!

Hannah had a few Easter gifts to open, so she had a blast with them!!  Here she is showing a few of them off.  She loved the stuffed globe from Jon, Eva and the kids, and we all loved looking through the famous places cards they sent. she and I colored her new tiger yesterday too...I forgot to take photos though.


She got this light up egg thing (you can see it in her hand in both photos) from my sister, and it was a hit!!!  She played with it non-stop all day on Sunday, and she insisted that it was her candle and had to go on her bedside table when she went to bed that night. 

In this photo, she is also modeling one of the new shorts that my Mom and Dad bought her.  It says "Daddy's Girl," and she just HAD to wear it for Easter!!!
 Fast forward to this morning. Craig and I decided last night that Hannah could open her gifts from my brother and sister in the morning while he was at work, but we were going to save the presents from us until tonight. So, we called my Mom on Skype and Hannah tore into her presents!! She loved everything!!! She is so excited to have a Barbie (courtesy of my brother and Kristy)!! She has been begging for one for a while now. Little does she know that she is getting two more tonight!!! I know what we’re going to be playing all weekend!! She doesn’t know too much about Rainbow Brite, but she loves the doll!!! Mommy was pretty excited about that one too…big surprise, huh Christen?? As I type, she is dressed in head to toe princess gear, and watching her Barbie movie, surrounded by her new loot.

Tonight we’re headed out to dinner and then the bookstore. Afterwards, Hannah gets to open our presents, and we are going to tell her about her new Zoo membership from Craig’s parents. She’ll be begging to go to the Zoo this weekend for sure!! We also are going to surprise her with a Backyardigan cake…she has no idea that she’s getting one!!


In other news, Hannah got an “interesting” gift from Mother Nature last night…several inches of SNOW!! We’re all so bummed!! We had burgers and dogs last night on the grill, and had planned to work on the garden a bit while dinner cooked, but the snow kept us inside. I think Hannah and I are going to go out and play in it for a bit this afternoon before it melts…hopefully this is the last of the white stuff we’ll be seeing until next year!!!

I also finished Hannah’s birthday sweater. Once I take some better photos of it, I’ll post them. I finished it just as Hannah was waking up from her nap yesterday. I had her try it on when she got up, and she was all upset. When I asked her what the problem was, she told me that if it is her birthday sweater, then I need to wrap it up so she can open it! Argh…once a diva, always a diva!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Cheers!

Sharon

0 comments:

 
◄ Design by Pocket ►